Thread: Team Help??

Liked: 0

Post Team Help??

Hello,
    I need help finding a team that offers an "arrive and drive" package for a pro mazda car in the SCCA club level and would entertain the thought of running a few pro series races that are offered on TV. A team that runs an atlantic and mazdas would be great if there are any out there. I have only a few contacts in the SCCA this is my first year running the standard formula mazda chassis.

My Sponsor RamTech is heavily involved and is a Military Contractor, and is looking for ways to entertain military contracts at the track, as well as advertise for their brand new, top notch Machine Shop. I am interested in running a "full" schedule in 08 atleast 8 weekends. Could anyone please point me in the correct direction. I would appriciate any helpfull information

Thanks much

-s. stuard
    "never mistake motion for action"
    Samstuardracing@comcast.net
    -s stuard

sam stuard racing

"Never Mistake Motion for Action"

Liked: 201

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3]John Walko Racing[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2]PH: 412-373-6750
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2]Without a doubt a great team. Having formed a close bond with those guys during my open wheel pro series years they are convenient (relatively) to you and they run both the pro series and an FC in SCCA and I am certain they would run the Mazda as well. Their cars are fast, clean, and reliable. Tell John that Andy Brumbaugh sent you.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Default team help

thanks Bre86 i appriciate it.
    -s stuard

sam stuard racing

Liked: 9

Default FM Forum on EZ Board

Have you posted over on the FM forum?
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

i haven't posted there. Were still trying to figure out what will be best for next year. I have about 50k liquid but not much more than that. Thanks everyone for replying.

-s stuard
    -s stuard

sam stuard racing

Liked: 3787

Sorry to rain on your parade.... but $50K is hardly squat in this sport. Especially the pro side.
    Maybe a few of weekends in a quality F2000 rental, if lucky with a test day or two. Matters how much you ball up.
    In a series like Pro-Mazda, that would be like the earnest money deposit when you sign the contract. One concrete wall in Pro-Mazda can easily cost $50K.

Stay in school!

Default Purple Frog

I understand your sentiment about how expensive racing is. Thanks for the condemnation. Please dont undermine anyones attempt or dreams at racing. A 50 to 75k dollar budget can easily turn into 2 to 300k with the correct aggressive marketing plan. Unprofessional comments like these are ones that get people into trouble and can ruin reputations. Please stick to messages that are businesslike and edifying. Being involved in business myself, i see 50k and look for ways to turn it into more with justifyable bilateral profits.

I don't think that reply was appropriate for this thread.
    -s stuard

sam stuard racing

Hi Sam,

All the luck with your racing. Here are just the facts of one program for an idea of what it might take. You'll know best as to what you and your sponsor can afford or leverage.

To confirm and invoke a season contract, a deposit of $100,000 shall be forwarded with a signed contract. A monthly installment of $33,700 is then due and payable by the 20th of each month beginning February 2008 and ending September 2008. After each event an invoice will be issued for 1/8th of the Season Contract amount and any parts or subcontracted work used. Invoices will be automatically deducted from the monthly installment and then forwarded for your review. Statements are issued once a month. The Deposit will be held in a separate account and applied to the last invoice(s) of the season. Any remaining credit balance will be refunded promptly. Season contract: $350,000 per car (Assumes a two or more car team) Test days in conjunction with the events are included. Single car price on request.

Again all the best and I hope to see you on the tube.

Cheers,
    Jim

Default team help

austinjim

thanks for the info, every little bit helps. This is our first year of racing so i didn't think that 75k was too bad for sponsor negotiations. Thanks to everyone for their help. It is difficult finding people on the pro level that will offer any wisdom for free. Best of luck to you in your own ventures as well.
    -s stuard

sam stuard racing

Thread Information