Liked: 0

Default K-Hill Motorsports

Just a brief recommendation for Kris Kaiser and his staff at K-Hill Motorsports, without whom I would not have turned a lap at the last event. With 4 other cars under their tent, they managed to replace my black flag inducing muffler, re-scale and tweak the entire chassis set-up, remove and repress both input and layshaft bearings in my box which were donated from their personal car, change gears, review in-car vid, walk the track and coach me as well as the myriad other things I'm not remembering.
    They got my old 17 yr old DB-4 2tenths off the pole behind a top flight 014 and RT41, both piloted by better drivers than I. Gib Gibson took in-depth notes and taught me more about my car, racing and racecraft in general in 3 days than I've ever learned before.
    These guys aren't afraid to spend hours coming up with fixes to problems that would send others home. While I was sleeping at the hotel, they were working. Quickly, thoroughly and with pride. Thanks guys.

Regards,
    GregoryJ

Liked: 0

Default Second that one!

I have to second Greg's comments regarding the K-Hill team. They are a first class group of people and a great team overall. Their hardwork and dedication to get their drivers on the track is second to none. The knowledge they possess to help one understand their car, the track and racecraft is unbelievable. They helped me shave 4+ seconds off my time in just this weekend alone (granted I'm a newbie and have a huge learning curve still ahead of me). They are willing to do whatever it takes to get their drivers on the track and to make them the best they can possibly be. They have my highest recommendation.

Thanks K-Hill Team!!

Scott
    #97 FC
    WDCR SCCA

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

The above comment is a testement to the value added of a professional prep shop. At first glance, it may seem expensive- but if you're not really competent setting up and prepping your own car, a good shop is worth its weight in gold. Guys like Gib Gibson have forgotten more about race cars than most of us have ever learned.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 4

Default K-Hill Car Wins Zippo Vintage GP

i'd like to publicly thank Kris and the whole crew at K-Hill MotorSports.
    Their prep and setup for Zippo Vintage Gran Prix at The Glen was 101% perfect.
    Despite a 5.5 inch record rain fall in 12 hours [and allot of other unexpected situations] at the start of our race we sat on the pole and went on to Win our Class.
    Also a very special thanks to Greg Honeycutt and my Son Chris for a weekend i'll never forget.
    Thanks,
    Fred
    K-Hill MotorSports Maintained & Prepped
    1990 Swift DB4
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Thread Information