Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Brian, what's with your rant? Do you think SCCA is perfect? Every organization has problems! The difference is that good organizations don't have the same problems every year. Perhaps the members recognize some problems and would like to see them fixed...perhaps they put their thoughts forth in an effort to identify and correct some of these problems. I really don't understand your problem with this! I know you and I disagree on many things the SCCA does (in particular, SCCA Enterprises), but that doesn't mean that I don't do what I think is best for the organization. Nor does it mean that you have a monopoly on effective ideas and good judgment.

Larry Oliver
Larry,

No, I certainly don't think we are prefect. I guess I've just become oversensitive to the way we treat people from behind the computer moniter. Reference's such as "stupid" and the feeling that someone who doesn't race anymore shouldn't have input. I guess sixteen years of competitive racing in a class with twenty plus cars each race doesn't mean anything once you hang up the helmet for a couple of years. The fact here is that the request for us to again look at this comes from ACCUS, not from some steward, non-racer or self-important official as some people would like to lead you to believe. There were some good comments here from people on both sides of the issue. I didn't see any insults hurled their way. Only in the direction of the people that propose and approve the rules.

Brian