Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 0

jgaither -

If it gets FF's onto the track, how can it be flawed from the get go?

Have you organized anything, for Formula Ford, that has produced a better turnout?

If so, please let me know, and I'll let everyone know on our site.....

http://www.euroformulaford.com/
    73 Lola T-340 #25
    Monty Python Addict "NEE!"

SouthWest Formula Ford

Liked: 1

John's point is that this event looks like it is restricted to 80 and earlier cars. THis would include his RF-81 that is a CF by most definitions. Thus, calling it the 40th Anniversary of the FF could be considered misleading as all FF using SCCA's classifications are not eligible.

Contributing Member Mike Milner's Avatar
    Liked: 6

Joe .... The conclusion you , and the person you speak for , have jumped to is inacurate . Where did you read in any of the " Series " annoucements that they discriminate between car's year of manufacture or type for that matter ??
    Quite the contrary in fact . . That is what it's all about . ALL FFs are welcome .
    I ran in this series at PIR in Feb. in my RF93 . There were vintage ,club and Formula Fords on Dunlops and American Racers . 23 cars had a great time all together .
    There will be several Swifts running in the event at Cal Spwy .
    Don't knock it 'till you try it .
    Cheers ,
    Last edited by Mike Milner; 06.07.07 at 1:59 PM.

Gboy

Default I can't wait

I will be there with two othes I know . I will bring the Crossle . I hear the restration is up over 30 cars now .
    Sounds like a great event to me . I love the facilty at Californis Speedway .
    The track is safe , fast and exciting .
    I and one other are towing from Abq , NM

Default series

There are at least two of us coming from PHX . John Barron in his late model Van Deimen and myself in the ADF .
    I a hoping there will be some late additions to the two of us as well .

Liked: 492

We're talking about two different events here. HSR West is at California Speedway, and the other is at Hallett.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Quote Originally Posted by fawcetteng View Post
    please see the following for CVAR's 40th Formula Ford Festival!

http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com/ff40/
    Hi Mike - apparently it can be dangerous to speak for someone else - quick on the draw you are - LOL. Just responding to the announcement quoted by John and as above. Monoposto only according to the website. Not the Califormia races. It would be fun and I actually looked for drivinig distance from FL to Hallett on mapquest last night when I saw the post. I will see how the budget holds up and it could be a choice between CVAR and the ARRC. Hmmmmm.
    Regards, Joe

Liked: 48

Too many people organizing 40th Anniversary Events.

Lets concentrate on one 40th anniversary organized by Rand and Beeler in 2009 and stop hyjacking the thread with regional 40th birthdays of the birth of formula ford in England yada, yada, yada.

Also 2009 falls in line with previous events:
    20th at Willow Springs in 1989.
    25th at Lime Rock in 1994.
    35th at Lime Rock in 2004.

Ian
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Hi Joe
    My mistake . Sorry . I assumed we were all talking about he series in California .
    Regards ,
    http://www.euroformulaford.com/ff/ffseries.htm
    Last edited by Mike Milner; 06.07.07 at 7:18 PM.

Gboy

Default great idea .

I was only speaking of the race in California . I don't know anything about Hallet but that sounds like a good idea also . I will try to get there if I can .
    Seems to me the more celebrations there are the better . There is no copyright on the date or place so it all seems like a good idea ., right .?
    It makes sense to me that finding a reason to race and putting together an event is better than leaving the car in the garage .
    I don't think that any one person owns the rights to the FF idea . The date or the place .
    Just my two cents .
    Maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gboy View Post
    Seems to me the more celebrations there are the better . There is no copyright on the date or place so it all seems like a good idea
    Couldn't agree more - hopefully these events will stimulate more entrys in FF in general. In fact the US is so big it is impossible for everyone that wanted to attend to travel 2500+ miles to be a participant at a single anniversary event. For example it would be too costly for me to travel to CA for such an event - a single long days tow is in the cards however.

I guess we are debating whether an event should be called "THE 40th anniversary event versus A 40th anniversary event. It would be nice to have every FF owner to be part of at least one such event.

Liked: 0

Default long tow

I think I was second or third in towing distance to the 25th at Lime Rock. Towed from Jacksonville, FL, about 1300 miles as I remember.
    Worth every inch!! Thanks again Mike!
    I'll do my best to have everything ready for the 40th and bring my one off.

Kurt

Liked: 232

Default South Florida - FF & CFF to the 40th

See .....
    Once a Formula Ford racer, ALWAYS a FF racer; even NEW ones ! My son Jason graduates from UCF Engineering in May of 2009 and he thought a Graduation Gift of co-participation in the 40th Anniversary Event would be GREAT; and now I have to get a CFF car for myself. (Note: he drives a db-1 built when he was born/owned by me since 1987) - So Mike, please include my son and I into the e-mail loop - John Gaither is attacking Paul Tavilla to get a car (... as am I - and he will). This past weekend I met with Dennis Vitolo and planted a seed for him to get a car. So too with Dennis Hoinig. As discussed, if we pull it off, all the vintage nonsense with the SF Merry Pranksters will really begin ....

Please recall Mike the last time we talked, we discussed the concept of a "Marque Paddock" where the paddock space could be divided and assigned for Royale, Lola , Swift etc - it my be difficult without significant pre-registration with an early cutoff date/late penality charge but at least it’s a thought to be kept in mind - small placards/flags with the marques could be a nice and not too expensive touch.

rotti@bellsouth.net
    e30sport@gmail.com

All the best and thanks for you effort
    EJ

Swift db-1 (019-85) / Ducati Paso Ltd SS / 70 Triumph "Bonnie"
    Plantation (Ft.Lauderdale)/SCCA-Florida Region 37 years
    JGenerotti's friend, dad, mechanic, assoc. sponsor, etc.

Classifieds Super License

Steve Beeler and I have discussed the concept of Marque Paddocks, we both like it and will institute it.
    I assume you are volunteering to be in charge of one ?
    SteveMaxwell, 34 yesterday by the way, has taken on the Piper Paddock, but each Marque needs an organizer no matter how many or how few cars are represented.
    Go to the FF Events Forum, the Carters have a permanent place for the initial announcement right at the top of the forum.
    We, Beeler and me, are looking for representatatives in every area of the country to start informing people, handing out the announcement at Regionals, nationals, Historic races, every and anywhere there are FF folks who might want to know.
    Last edited by Michael Rand; 08.08.07 at 4:55 PM. Reason: typos

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

Default Bowman paddock

Mike,

I will be happy to orginize the Bowman Paddock area. Just make sure you leave us enough room as I expect all of the Bowman 1600's in the country to be at the event.

Ed

Classifieds Super License

Geeez Eddie, I'm not sure Road Americas paddock can accomodate you, er, "all" the Bowman 1600's...... but we'll work on it.

Default FF2000

Mike Rand,

Are formula ford 2000 cars also to be included in the party? - Could your old Crossle 63F or my slightly newer Reynard 90SF participate as club formala continental? Lot of those cars still running here in the midwest.

David Keep
    Reynard 90SF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information