Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Default Any Watkins Glen "play by play" ?

Since I'm stuck at home in front of my computer eating Lyme disease medication while purple spots float around the room and white s#!t grows on my tongue, I NEED some reports damn it !

Agnif
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 0

Default Glen update

MIke,
    Strong field 16 cars. pole is Oseth, Albanni, Parsons, Langbein, Dadario,Scanlan, Maxwell and Morin the rest is a ??? . This is all from memory, weather has been ok but a constant wind.

16 F/F's,.........Damn! this is killin me! Tom, Thanks for the "fix". Full report somebody ? Please!

Thanks again, Mike
    Last edited by stonebridge20; 07.15.07 at 10:58 PM.

You guys are too slow for me. Still would like to here the dirt!
    Maxi, what happened?

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=593122

Hey Mike, sorry to hear about the lime disease (no not the addiction to Lime Rock). That really sucks. We all missed you at WG. Will you make Lime Rock?

Well, it's a long story but the car was missing badly in high G corners. I found a few issues that I thought could cause it but none seemed to fix it. I thought we had it figured out but just as we were warming up the motor before going to grid it was missing and popping. Luckily Tom Sabile, Mike Scanlan, and Glen (whose last name I can't remember, sorry Glen) came and helped out. We addressed what we thought was a timing issue but was actually a wiring issue and in the process miss timed the ignition timing. No one's fault at all but the car had no pull and was starting to really overheat. so on lap 4 I pulled it in instead of cooking the motor. And it still sputtered in certain corners.

At least the car and I are in one piece but this is, needless to say, not my season. Now the car gets torn down, rewired, and a complete teardown and inspection of the fuel system all before the 24th test day at LRP.

I hope you're there Mike!

SEM

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default Glen National

Great race, field got bunched up with a mid-race pace car after Parsons got stuck in the beach at the bus stop trying to avoid Rob Albani. I had fallen way back on the first lap when I missed the bus stop on the first lap and was lucky to have the pace car come out and allow me to watch the 5 lap shootout at the end. Oseth lost his nose at some point in the race, which compromised his straight line speed so he tucked in behind Albani for the most of the race and pulled off a last lap pass to win. Albani had great race, especially after a wreck cost him his test day on Friday. Stokkers also pulled of a last lap pass on Langbein to get third. All of Jim Little's cars had a good weekend. D'adarrio, myself and Ruedisuelli had a good dice for fifth which was also settled on the last lap when Russ went around the toe of the boot. Real good turnout (15 cars I think). Qualifying on Sat. saw a lot of positions change in Q2 right at the end of the session.
    Hoosier released their new compound front tire which was used with much success by most of the Hoosier runners.
    We still need to get the entry numbers up for Lime Rock in 2 weeks, let's get going. NNJR has stuck their collective necks out, let's do the same.

Maxi & Mike, Thanks for the reports. I was really looking foward to the Glen but I got pounded by a deer tic a couple of weeks ago. I drove myself to the ER last Saturday night because I thought I was dieing. A little FYI,..If you ever suspect you have Lyme disease GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP! Apparently it can KILL you! I got lucky, I only WANTED to die! Today was the first day out of the house and I'm used up!
    As far as LRP,...I'll be there. I probably won't be worth a crap. I'm taking it day to day and if I'm not up to it I won't put anybody at risk on track.

Thanks again for the "fix", Agnif

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

Default Promo

I just heard a promo on WPLR in New Haven for the SCCA races July 28th at Lime Rock. Seems one of their advertizers is giving away tickets. So I guess the racers better show up. No one like the cost of entries at Lime Rock but there is not much NNJR can do about it. So if I go run the regional at the Glen the same weekend (still considering it - the difference in entry fees will more then cover the additional fuel cost for the longer tow), Lime Rock still gets their $53,000, NNJR take the hit, like Mo-Hud did earlier this year.

Good point Eddie. It is way past refund time for NNJR I would suspect. Even if they cancelled the event they would still have to pony up the cash. At this point they are in recover as much of the HUGE loss as they can mode. At <100 entries thus far they're headed toward a huge hit.

I know I'm always harping on people to attend races but I totally empathize with the guys/gals that think this entry is way too much. It is. But, LRP is a fantastic track despite it's bumps. I still urge people to come out and support NNJR as they do typically run a great event. So do what you can everyone and enter this race. Even if it turns out to be the last LRP event you run until the prices get back into the lower atmosphere.

SEM

Liked: 23

Here's a view of the Glen from the back of the bus:

http://homepage.mac.com/timothywise/...insglennat.mov

UPDATE: sorry, Apple seems to not want to serve this up anymore as I've exceeded my monthly bandwidth allotment....if anyone else has capacity to post it, let me know and I'll get the file to you.

Tim
    Last edited by TimW; 07.18.07 at 12:02 PM.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Default FF, FV, F500 Photos

I had the opportunity to take some photos of the FF, FV, F500 group at this past weekend's race at the Glen. (Especially since Tim was putting Shep to work and not me!) So I played photo crew. Thought I would share my photos, it was fun to watch everyone out there.

I am new to posting on here so you might need to copy this link into your browser to make it work. If there are problems let me know and I will try again. Enjoy

[SIZE=1]http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=uqbzjx1.4pucqypt&x=0&y=q3229l [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]-Carolyn[/SIZE]
    Last edited by cmz750; 07.18.07 at 10:51 PM.

Thread Information