Thread: GTP Parts

Liked: 0

Default GTP Parts

I would like to clear up some of the rumors going around regarding GTP, F-2000 parts and Elan.

First, GTP and Elan will be ending our relationship when our contract expires this fall, if not sooner. Basic problems with supply, quality and cost have caused us to redirect our efforts. GTP has always been a big supporter of Van Dieman and F-2000, even through the last few years of low car counts and slow parts sales. We would like to think that our efforts to keep a large and complete inventory has shown our commitment to our customers/friends and had a fair amount to do with F-2000's recent resurgence.

Second, GTP will continue to support our loyal customers and teams in the F-2000 Series with quality products from companies that we have good relationships with, such as Fast Forward, Pi Research, PFC Brakes, BBS Wheels and many more. We have plans for a parts only trailer next year to improve service and capacity. We will also be announcing soon several new suppliers and parts deals. GTP realizes how important it is for teams to be fully covered for parts supply, not just high volume items, such as wings and wishbones, etc. As far as we know, no one has ever not completed an event that we attended as suppliers due to lack of spares. And we intend to keep it that way. However, this means that we will not continue to carry spares for older cars. If you have a 1994 - 2000 Van Dieman you will need to contact Elan directly to see if they will provide spares for you. We have a fair amount of spares for these cars that we would like to return to Elan, but we are not sure if they want them or if they want to deal with older car parts at all.

Third, we have heard all the rumors regarding Elan and Van Dieman but know nothing more that that. One thing that we have learned through our relationship with Elan is that we have very little trust in that we were hearing the truth if we were told anything at all. (Now it is clear why John & Brad Batos walked away from their deal after such a long time with Van Dieman and only a short time with Elan. ) We are not sure whether Elan understands F-2000 customers or their needs, not only in supply but in support as well. We are sure that Elan would be much happier with F-2000 if it were a spec series as it would fit better into their family of spec race cars.

Hope everyone had a great Independence Day, We did.

See you all in Mid Ohio.

GTP

Liked: 0

Default Thanks!!

I will give my thanks to to GTP for being there when I have needed them!!

Over the years they have helped me both while "at the track", and any other time I needed VD parts.

Because I had difficulties finding "spares" for my RF03 recently while at Road Atlanta, and had to give up two fantastic grid positions and go home , I have just completed my purchase of enough spares from the boyz at GTP to keep me "in the race" at any event going forward.

If you have not dealt with GTP in the past, I will tell you they are great to work with and I believe they will do what they can to be there FOR YOU when you need them!

I have also purchased a set of new BBS wheels from them to build that inventory as well..

GTP ROCKS!!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Liked: 555

Quote Originally Posted by GTP View Post
    <snip> ... If you have a 1994 - 2000 Van Dieman you will need to contact Elan directly to see if they will provide spares for you. We have a fair amount of spares for these cars that we would like to return to Elan, but we are not sure if they want them or if they want to deal with older car parts at all. <snip>
    I wonder if, a) you could list an inventory and see if you can find buyers here, and, b) there may be someone other than Elan willing to purchase the entire lot from you.

Russ McBride
    RF-94 F1000
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by GR View Post
    GTP ROCKS!!
    +1 Glenn and Bill have been excellent in getting me parts and helping with the car.
    Enjoy the Track,

Steven
    http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com
    Was 99/00 FC, now am Just Waiting. Racing is life...

Thread Information