Liked: 0

Default Thoughts on 75 Hawke

I'm considering on purchasing a 75 Hawke. Anybody have any input on the competitivness of this car? Is there reference/setup material out there for it. In club Ford am I just gonna get creamed by Swifts and Von Diemens and Zincs with no hope of ever getting setup good enough to keep up?
    Actually Zinc is probably a good car to do a side by side with. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Adam
    82 Royale RP31

Liked: 30

Adam, Referencing to an old SportsCar article I have, the ED's didn't give the old Hawks the best rating.

If the Crossle' in the forum link below is still for sale it would be a better bet (IMHO and that of the aforementioned article)

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21167

Good Luck with your search.

Thanks Dave. I sent a note to the Crossle owner.
    82 Royale RP31

Liked: 48

I'm thinking the Hawke and the Zink Z10 would be a great match up. You really need to look at the Hawke with a vintage mind set vs. the competitiveness against modern cars like the Swifts. The Swifts should run circles around a Hawke. Is the Hawke the ultimate club ford - no. But if you are looking for a car that will not look out of place at a vintage race as well as look respectable on a Club Ford grid, the Hawke might be a good choice. I'm assuming you are looking at Erik's car. I think he has enough results to give you the answers you are looking for. His car is very clean and has been racing competitively over the years which should make it easy to strap in and go.

Ian
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 146

On short slower circuits, my Hawke is often up the front - beating later 80's Reynards and similar cars. Dont forget that Nigle Mansell won the British FF championship in one. On those circuits I have even beaten a Brahbam F1 - BT24. As it was Brabham's Champonship winning car, perhaps it wasnt being driven hard.

On fast circuits, the Hawke has the aerodynamics of a brick. Pointy and slipery cars will pass you at the end of the straight.

Liked: 3
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Contributing Member

Default " re HAWK "

Hi Adam

I am not sure how much racing you have done but in my opinion the Hawk of Eric's is a good buy ,it comes with a done of spares( which is always good to have),the motor has been freshened ( which cuts down on expenses ),it is known to be competitive,has a good history,lots of new parts on the car . If this car would have been ready to race last weekend I would have bought it to run in FF not club ford. I think this car could be very competitive in Club Ford racing and you could have allot of fun.

My Opinion only

TIM

Thread Information