Classifieds Super License Brands's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default Exhaust Coatings

I'm just about done making my exhaust and would like to have it coated. What's the best of the various coatings out there?

Thanks!

Contributing Member Lee Shumosic's Avatar

Default I have used...

Swain. Very good product.
    http://www.swaintech.com/
    LJS Motorsports

Liked: 1

Default Exhaust Coatings

The only thing we've been able to have stay on is the Jet-Hot 2000 degree. The 1300 degree stuff vanished quickly and we just tried a 1600 degree and it is peeling away after three days of running.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Works, LLC

Default Try a Site Sponsor

I always try to use site sponsors when I can. I have heard good things about ACS.

http://www.exoticcoatings.net/
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conrad View Post
    The only thing we've been able to have stay on is the Jet-Hot 2000 degree. The 1300 degree stuff vanished quickly and we just tried a 1600 degree and it is peeling away after three days of running.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Works, LLC

yep. mine is peeling away as we speak. I'll go with the 2,000 degree stuff next time but its not as pretty...
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default Ceramic Cool Koating.

Doing both inner and outer of exhaust worked amazingly well for me.. reduced engines bay temps tremendously and I am sure was able to squeze that little more power out of the system when cooler.

There is one company in north america that has the patent and does it right in my city. If interested contact me offline and I can setup a direct deal where you get a racers discount.. You can pick, flat black, gloss black, or chrome metallic.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Thread Information