Thread: The Rock

Liked: 0

Default The Rock

Who is planning on running the March race at Rockingham?
    I'm in- Justin 98 VD FC

Liked: 4

Default Re: The Rock

Hey,
    What gears you running at "The Rock" ?

Default Gears

I'm going to run the same gears I run at CMP. Reason: I tested at Kershaw 2 weeks ago and plan to run there again at the end of March (gears are already in the car). After looking at the charts , it seems close enough.

Default Go figure

Well, I now know why the IT guys get 8 hours of track time for a regional weekend- They are the only ones to register & they are paying the bills with their entry fees. 5 guys in our group ;our collective entry fees couln't rent a go cart track for 2 laps! I hope CMP has a couple more formula cars...
    FC HATHEWAY-MARK
    FC MCINTOSH-NICHOLAS
    FSC POPE-PETER
    FC SMITH-JUSTIN
    FM WILLIAMS-BRUCE

Liked: 115

Default Crap at the Rock

Justin:

These single SARRC weekends with the ECR guys are terrible for the open-wheel crowd. We don't get any track time & this time we even race dead last in the schedule. If the region had any brains at the helm - or perhaps more correctly, they cared a whit about us - they would at least let us get our stuff out of the way in one day and save some money on motels and meals - but NOOOO. I'm not going. I'm saving my weekends for the double SARRC's where they at least give us our money's worth.

PS: I'm betting it rains again at CMP. I'm 100% right so far.

jg

Liked: 30

Default Crap...

JG. You're right on! ...I don't understand why the head chicken chokers don't see it...

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by RacerDave51 View Post
    JG. You're right on! ...I don't understand why the head chicken chokers don't see it...
    Because they're not formula car guys. Some of you guys that know how to act & can be politically correct when you need to be need to get yourselves placed in some of those decision making positions.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 30

I guess I was addressing the scheduling aspects rather than track time. I've long since come to the realization that the 'tin tops' are going to get more track since they provide most of the $$ (thru sheer numbers) toward track rental. Even so, the folks who do the scheduling of the event could let us get our stuff done on Sat--hence we tow home Sun--hence I don't have to take Mon off from work...

Anyway, "...the beat goes on..."
    Last edited by RacerDave51; 03.05.07 at 5:47 PM.

Liked: 1

The wing group is the first one off on Sun, but the FF race is last. The group 2 thing and having a new car is why we are going. Kinda like a $150 test weekend that pays points? That and I always wanted to go to a race at the Rock.

The March CMP date last year drew 5 FC's so maybe we can add to that this year?
    The Jim Stark, most years, is the first big draw for us.
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 115

Default Proactive

I wrote to Mark Senior, the RE for the NC Region. I suggested to him that us undercard players be allowed to get our stuff done on one day. He promptly and courteously replied & said that no one had previously suggested this & that it would be considered. He also reminded me that several production car classes are in the same boat & would need the same consideration.

Now, we'll see if it goes anywhere. BTW, Mark, I was one of the 5 FC's at Kershaw last year. Sold that car.

jg

Liked: 52

It was nice to kick it with you and Bruce yesterday. Richard and I would like to run a few races this year if the PDX/Time Trial event goes well on APRIL 21-22 at The Rock. As Richard said yesterday, we need a few more formula cars to justify having our own group. We could also use the help getting our car sorted out. We did the PDX last year and got more than $200 worth. Plus, the time trial on Sunday is only $40. Seat time is seat time right? So count us as another potential car and two drivers.

PS - We took home enough take-offs to get us started until our tire budget catches up to our needs.

Tim
    Area 81 Racing
    87 Reynard FC
    Last edited by Zcurves; 03.13.07 at 9:25 AM. Reason: Date Correction
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 1

Yeah Justin did a great job in his new car spanking our butts and turning the fastest race lap of the event!!
    Of coarse we would have won if we had new tires.
    This track was daunting flying off into the NASCAR banking flat out (almost) hoping to come out on the other side (an SM didn't) 1 foot off the wall.
    Light turn out...hope CMP in 2 weeks will draw more cars?
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 553

Congratulations, Justin & Mark. I heard you both had successful debuts in your new cars.

So, it was a fun track? That's good to hear.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default Good to be back

One of the reasons I wanted to come back to SCCA racing was the people. We are fortunate to be surrounded by great people at the track each weekend; corner workers, tech, support people and fellow racers and crew.

Unfortunately, this was made clear (how great the SCCA members are) when on Saturday afternoon my trailer door broke loose, knocked my girlfriend Melissa down and pinned her to the pavement. This is no ordinary trailer door- It weighs about 300+ lbs and uses a winch system to pull it up. Quick reaction and thinking from a handful of people had the trailer door off of her in seconds. After the paramedics checked her over, we decided to take her her back to Charlotte so she could rest in her house. I returned to the track about 7:30 AM for the race on Sunday.

I must have had 30+ people ask me Sunday morning how she was doing. I had a handful of corner workers and grid marshals that recognized the car # and ask me how Melissa was doing. We are very lucky, nothing is broken or torn and she is alive. It looks like she will be sore for the next week or two.

I'm glad to be back and racing with such a terrific group of people. Thank you for everyone’s assistance and concern- Especially Bruce, Mark and his crew. Mark has bailed me out so many times I've lost count.. Thanks, Justin

Photo of the FC & Mazda podium
    (Left to Right) Nick, Mark, Justin, Bruce
    Last edited by jattus; 10.30.07 at 3:07 PM.

Thread Information