Liked: 52

Default GF 505 Race Suit

I'm currently searching for a race suit and have been lurking this site for some time now. I have heard a lot of good things about the Sparco Sprint 06, but saferacer.com is out of my size in black. They clearly have the best price that I have been able to find. The GForce 505 also caught my eye. Does anyone have any experience with this suit? They say it has a TPP rating of approximately 26 (racerwholesale.com says its TPP is 30) and SFI-5. At $239, it definitely appeals to a racer on a budget. What say you?
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 123

Default GF suits

I have a GF545, the next model up. I think it's good value, and as a light weight suit has a big advantage in hot weather. Over all quality is OK, not superb, but in line with the price. I'd consider it.

Brian

Liked: 0

The GF505 is a nice entry level suit. It typically has a higher TPP rating than some of the higher dollar suits (GF545 included). It is heavier/bulkier suit although not as bad as in the past. G-Force has upgraded to a thinner liner so it is a little lighter than earlier versions. The drawback is the outer shell is FR cotton. FR cotton is not as durable as Nomex. FR cotton will also lose its fire retardent properties after about 50 washs. That will last most people anywhere from 3-5 years. By that time it is pretty worn out anyway and needs to be replaced. The GF545 is a nice suit and has features that are available in much more expensive suits. I compared the GF545 to the Sparco X-Light (over $1,200) at PRI a couple of years ago and found the GF545 compared very favorably to it. My only complaint about the GF545 is that it is cut really baggy but most people don't mind.

Howard

Liked: 52

Thanks guys!
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Thread Information