LJS Motorsports

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Donate now!

Bump.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Thanks for Everything

Just read about the server issues.......My donation is on its way via PayPal.

Best Regards,

Mark Young

Contributing Member

Just sent in my donation. Keep up the great work

Liked: 1417

I want to thank everyone again for their generosity over the last 30 hours or so. We should be able to easily set up a new server system that will allow for a lot more growth and expansion of this site. We have narrowed our path down to 2 or 3 different options and we'll be making a decision in the next day or so, to get everything where it needs to be. There may be some down-time or forum outages over the next few days, but we'll try to keep that to a minimum or at least to off peak hours.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for the support.

We'll continue to try to keep everyone as updated as possible with the site changes. I will get your username updated tonight, as well. If your username and account e-mail are not the same as your PayPal account, please let me know if you donated through a PM and I will update your member name.

doug

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

A small donation to a very worthwhile and immensely informative assest to the racing community.

Thanks for the excellent work you guys do.

Liked: 112

I donated this AM.

jim
    97 F5

Contributing Member

Default dinero

My $100.00 bucks went in last night. Good people on this site I can tell. I'm looking forward to racing with all of you this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]William Pelton

Liked: 9

Default Donations?

I am new to this site and I really appreciate the informative threads and help. I just found the Paypal link for payments. Thanks,
    Last edited by jdp526; 02.01.07 at 12:35 AM. Reason: add

Liked: 25

Default No Account Needed

Note that for others like me who are afraid to have a PayPal account (my wife has one!!!), you can make a credit card payment through the PayPal donate box without an account.
    - Frank C

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default jdp526-donations.

Scroll back up to the top of this page! Right next to the changing banner ads is a small box that sayes "PayPal donate" Just click on that square!

Contributing Member

Default " Apex Addict "

I would be lost without this site! It is so informative and everyone is so helpful.I live in a small city so finding parts and keeping abreast of what is new for race cars(locally) is almost impossible but here on APEX the world seems allot smaller.
    I have also been able to get back in contact with fellow racers that I haven't seen or raced against in years.
    It keeps me up to date on what is happening on the amateur or shall I say the lower formula's which I find a much more exciting level of racing anyway.I could go on and on about this site but I am sure everyone feels the same.

I would like to THANK EVERYONE for all there help and knowledge, it is greatly appreciated.

" A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO "

" DOUG CARTER "
    For all his time and effort

Donation on the way

TIM CLOWATER

Liked: 162

Default donation sent

Thanks for all the work Carter's.
    This site is great!

David Clubine

Default Count me in!

I contributed yesterday. This site is a godsend to a newbie like me. Mostly I just lurk because I can't contribute much wisdom. I'm sure that'll changed as I learn from my mistakes.

Keep up the great work!

Tony

Contributing Member Bob Ramberg's Avatar

Default I'm In

I too am addicted to this site and visit it every day as I did the FFU. Loosing it would be like loosing a friend - actually many friends.
    Bob Ramberg
    Z10C

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed. Everyone who contributed in the last few days can be confident that they were a big part in getting ApexSpeed.com to the next level.

We have begun the process of moving to a new, dedicated and managed server that will ONLY run ApexSpeed.com. This will allow us an enormous amount of flexibility as we move forward. Once things calm down after the server transition, we will expand the site with a full user-managed photo gallery for cars and races, as well as returning the resources section and links to the site. Our goal is to make 2007 the most important year for ApexSpeed, and thanks to our membership and increased growth, we are on the right track.

As soon as I know more specifics about when the final stages of the forum migration will take place, I will post when the site and forums will be down. Hopefully, it will be off-hours and won't disrupt the community at all.

More soon,

doug

Default Just did it!

Sorry it took so long but I had to set myself up a PayPal account. Keep up the good work!

Dano
    Ingredients: Nothing but Barley, Hops, Water & Yeast.

Ok, we have a time scheduled for the site down-time. Tomorrow, Friday, February 2nd at 9 p.m. ET (8 p.m. CT) we will be shutting down the forums and migrating the site to the new server. The plan is to be down for about an hour while things get cleaned up, but it will probably be up around 9:40 ET or so.

I'll keep everyone updated as we progress...

doug

Just to remind everyone, tonight between 8:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. CT, we will be shutting down the forums in order to make sure that nothing gets broken or damaged as we prepare to move the site to a new dedicated server.

The move should take 5-10 minutes at the most, and as soon as everything is back on track and clear, we'll bring it back online. Hopefully by then, we'll have the issues with the ad banners worked out, too.

Thanks for hanging in there with us throughout this mess...

doug

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

It feels like a family member is going into surgery tonight and I am stuck in the waiting room, trying to pass the time until it begins....

...and anxiously awaiting the "all clear" when its over.

Well, truth be told, I will be out at the pub when Apexspeed goes "under the screwdriver" tonight. Nonetheless, I will be thinking of you guys performing the transplant.

I am looking forward to raising a glass to the Carters and the NEW Apexspeed, the best damn website on the net.

Good luck guys,

Jonathan
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Default count me in

Another donation on its way. Good luck with tonight.
    John Bachmann, "aerobach"

Default Good luck and thanks

C-note on the way
    77 Tiga FF
    F/E #060
    March 80A
    Shadow DN6

Liked: 11

10-9-8-7.....
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Default donation

Doug, Just sent $50.00 I hope that all members will give what they can to a great web site
    Thanks
    Steve Jacobs
    Bryan, Texas

The "surgery" was a success last night, with a few speed bumps along the way. We're entirely on the new server now, and share it with no other sites. This will give us GREAT flexibility and speed down the road, so to speak.

Thanks to everyone who donated to make this all possible. Without you, who knows what happens?

This has been a rough week. I'm glad that's over with...

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar

Default while i was away...

Hey Doug....
    Wow - a lot going on while I was away.....
    I just sent in my pay pal donation. and yes, pleas update my "contributing member" status. I have contributed in the past and it never bothered me to be just a "senior member". in fact, kind of liked it. sort of like i am wiser than my years.... and realizing you are busy enough just keeping up with this great site i didn't want to bug you with such a small matter.... but i noticed that a few members tend to read that as...... if it doesn't say you are - you aren't thingy..... So yes, please do...

we all can never say thank you enough for giving us such a great place to share...
    and - thank you all to everyone who does share this site.... It is tuely AWESOME!
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 611

Default apexspeed

Doug,
    Did we get mail?
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    Doug,
    Did we get mail?

I didn't send out a mass e-mail, just the posts on the forums, if that's what you're asking. Was it?

To all who have donated $50 or more, we would like to offer you something that not too many sites will offer. Your very own e-mail account with an ApexSpeed.com e-mail address. It would be one of two ways to acquire: 1) you can have a clean, new e-mail POP account that you would have to set up on your e-mail client like any other e-mail address, OR, 2) you can have what is called an alias, which is a custom address for you, that mirrors your current e-mail and forwards all e-mail to your existing e-mail account. This is nice because you wouldn't need to change anything or setup things on your end at all. Plus, we have a finite amount of e-mails (POP) to give out, but an unlimited number of alias e-mails available for our membership.

While I spend some time catching up this weekend to the Contributing Members listings, I will also be creating some new variables and permissions for those members, as well, like the ability to use color and graphics in your signature, as well as larger photo upload capacities. We have a few things we can add into the regular membership features that should make it even more special for those who have given back to the site.

As soon as I have the e-mail system set up to handle new accounts, we'll make an official announcement to those who have donated, and allow everyone the chance to get an apexspeed.com e-mail address for their own usage.

doug

$50 from here,
    Great site, wouldnt have gotten this far in my quest without it,
    Thanx ApexSpeed
    Jeff Handley
    Reynard 84sF
    cainesgrandad@yahoo.com · www.reynardowners.com
    "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."Roger Penske

Contributing Member triumph_tech's Avatar
    Liked: 8

I haven't donated to Apexspeed for a while but I just got off my rather flat wallet and sent something along to help the cause. I can't imagine racing a formula car without the resource of Apexspeed. Thanks to Doug and the gang.
    Gary Valone #44
    Zink Z10-C

Liked: 3326

I just put in another $25. Along with my January 17th $25 donation, that makes $50 this year.

Thanks, guys!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Default Finally!

It's about time that I got off my tight little wallet as well. Sorry that I missed the flurry of activity, but glad that I'm finally able to put an end to my procrastination.

Dave
    Springstein, Madonna
    way before Nirvana
    there was U2 and Blondie
    and music still on MTV...

Bowling for Soup, 1985

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information