Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default F1000 Class letters and Grouping for SCCA events

Can somebody help me on this question.

What is the F1000 class letters for Regional SCCA races?
    FS?

What is the F1000 class letters for National SCCA races?
    FB?

or FB for both Regional and National SCCA Races?

Will the F1000 be grouped in FF,CF,FV,CSR,DSR?

or

Will the F1000 be grouped in FM,FA,FC.CC?

Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 77

FB for both , and grouping will depend on the region putting on the event.

JR
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Thanks Jeff, this is what I classified myself as.....FB for the 2007 season.

Now I just need one of those fancy NEW F1000's

Richard Dziak
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default FB in FS ?

OK if FB is a class that is eligible for National Points then why is the San Francisco Region of SCCA only letting them enter in the Regional Only class of FS? (2007 Region Sups-Vehicle Eligibility) You can't earn National Points in a Regional ONLY class. Maybe someone should ring their bell before you show up at a race and have to deal with this at the last moment?

Quote Originally Posted by D.T. Benner View Post
    OK if FB is a class that is eligible for National Points then why is the San Francisco Region of SCCA only letting them enter in the Regional Only class of FS? (2007 Region Sups-Vehicle Eligibility) You can't earn National Points in a Regional ONLY class. Maybe someone should ring their bell before you show up at a race and have to deal with this at the last moment?
    Not so. The schedule for the Double National at Thunderhill in March has FB as part of the "wings and things" group.

Dave

Default Fs/fb

True,but when an FB car shows up for a Regional event that car will be classified as FS. With a solid set of rules that SCCA has for the Class would'nt you want to be racing against other cars entered under the same rules? After it took the Formula SCCA car owners 3 years to get their own class you should get this fixed before it happens?

O.K. Color me stupid, but where on the SFR web site does it say this? Or do you have some other source of information?

Dave

Default SF region classes.

OK,go to www.sfrscca.org.-
    On the opening home page look on the left for Road Racing.-click on it and open the Road Racing home page.
    Look on the left for -2007 supplemental regulations . It has a nice flashing red highlite with the word New on it.
    Open the sups and look at the bottom of the page for SF region run groups. Group 2 includes FA-FM-FC-FS-FE (formula SCCA)-S2-CSR and DSR.
    Made me wonder what group FB was in? looking farther down to page 4 I find "FB is eligible to run FS"
    The region exec's complain that we have to many formula car classes (But at the same time they create another Spec Miata class so now there are 3 different classes just for Spec Miata's ) They don't want to have to give out a $10 trophy and a $3 checkerd flag to FB if they can help it.

Liked: 555

Probably just a matter of contacting them and pointing out the error. FB is so new that maybe not everyone is up to speed yet.

I agree with the suggestion that anyone planning to run FB that weekend would be silly not to contact them ASAP.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thread Information