Liked: 2

Default Great Lakes FC/CFC Schedule!!

Great Meeting and a Very Big thanks to Kieth for tolerating Cyrano(my dog) and giving us a place to meet plus his words of wisdom!! I am guessing there was around 12 plus Future Great Lakes FC/CFC Championship series drivers.
    I just do not know how if you have an FC or CFC you could not come race in this series!!!?? Western Pa. or anywhere near Ohio,Michigan a Great group of tracks and you will always have a group around you to race with!!
    Last edited by LAJ; 01.17.07 at 12:42 PM. Reason: none of your buissness;)

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Default Possible translation

Do you mean:

"Hot Dog!" ?
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 22

Default Its Final

The schedule was debated and the votes are in. Five double regional weekends will be run on four tracks. Using your best six finishes to decide a series champ.

May 26-27 Grattan Raceway

Jun.30-July1 Waterford Hills

July 28-29 Gingerman Raceway

Sept. 8-9 Mid Ohio

Oct. 6-7 Mid Ohio

Grattan will feature The Formula Car Magazine Challenge Series programs. This includes FC/CFC, FF/CFF, and FST/FV.

Waterford Hills is offering us our own run group at the end of their regular schedule Sat. and Sun. We are also eligiale to run two class races and a feature race. With qualifing that equates to six on track sessions for $145.00. We are also being supplied with mufflers at no cost for the weekend.

Gingerman cannot have another cancelled race. We will support this weekend and the Fort Wayne Region so that doesn't happen again!

Mid Ohio is a great place to race. I would run there as often as I could. I also hope to attract some drivers from the south. You guys need to come up for a weekend or two. You just might convince some of us to come done there some time. Maybe the ARRC?
    Last edited by Westroc #19; 01.19.07 at 6:02 PM.
    Corey Collins

Liked: 1

Default 2007 Great Lakes Challenge

Corey,

It was great to see many of the people who will be running the Great Lakes Challenge for FC/CFC at Averill Racing with a nice number of new to the series drivers at the meeting It is a great schedule which will be a great deal of fun. I am really happy we will be at MO twice (heck I'd race there every week end if I could afford it), Grattan, Gingerman and Waterford Hills. Waterford is really reaching out to us with five races in total for the week end and two races where our group will be the featured end of day event as part of new "Featured Event Series" I have run Waterford for about 8 years and if you havn't been there - it is a really fun track.

If you were at the meeting Steve Myers from Walker Muffler demonstrated on my Reynard some no cost and easy to implement approaches to meeting the Waterford standard. I have run this set up and it has zero impact on HP/temps etc and I leave the system on year round. Has a nice turbine like exhsust sound.

Thanks to Corey for setting up the meeting and thanks to Keith Averill for hosting the meeting. Not sure Keith got much work done while we were there.

David Keep

Reynard 90SF #63

Liked: 0

Corey,
    It was great meeting you and the others that I formally met, and to be in attendance with those I didnt.
    A wealth of information was discussed, and it was fairly well organized.
    The feedback, input, and suggestions I recieved will help me for a long time to come.
    Keiths shop was overwhelming to me, so much racing STUFF!!!!!!!
    Appropiate name for the business.

Hopefully, if all goes well I can join the series late June at Waterford. The plan is to complete the waterford school then the gingerman school. Hopefully, after gingerman I can get my SCCA license and compete on a regional level, as well as compete at Waterford for the full schedule.
    Thanx for the invite to the meeting all.
    Jeff
    Jeff Handley
    Reynard 84sF
    cainesgrandad@yahoo.com · www.reynardowners.com
    "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."Roger Penske

Dave Keep, do you know of a fc I could rent for the Waterford weekend?

Liked: 1

Default FC Rental

Ron,

Nice to hear from you! FC Rental for Waterford?? I would rach out to Jim Roberts who races with Corey Collins who is the GLC Series Director - He has a 90 Reynard that is well prepared. It was offered for rental earlier in the winter - I believe he is running an Atlantic for 2007 -- so his car may be sale or rentatl. Other than Jim, I do not have any great local ideas for you. Jim can be reached through Corey.collins@sympatico.ca according to my address log. Rent the car for the entire 5 race week end season - we had a lot of fun last year. Hope i see you in 2007

David

Liked: 19

Come on Ron,bite the bullet again and just buy a car I know you wanna!!

Terry
    Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
    1-SM Miata

Ron you can contact me through email or call me at home.
    Corey Collins

Does anyone know if Gingerman will be running a regional race the same weekend as the drivers school, like last year, in order to have the Regional Competition License requirements met in the same weekend?
    Jeff
    Jeff Handley
    Reynard 84sF
    cainesgrandad@yahoo.com · www.reynardowners.com
    "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."Roger Penske

Yes. June 9-10th.
    Corey Collins

Thread Information