Liked: 4

Default Simpson shoe sizing question

I received some simpson accelerator shoes for Christmas. I normally wear a size 10 in street shoes. I received 10's in the simpson size, they are about 3/4 of an inch to large. I went to Simpson's size chart on there website. They don't show a inch size for 9.5 or 10's. I'm tempted to go down to a 9. Pegasus states they run a 1/2 size larger for nomex socks.

Does anybody have any experience with how the simpson sizes run ?

Thanks
    F600 #27

Liked: 0

For what it's worth, I have a set of size 10 Simpson's and they seem to run true to size. If you could return either pair it may be worth ordering a 9 and trying them both. Personally I would rather have them a little small than too large especially in a formula car where foot space is often minimal.

Liked: 77

Default simpson boots

My first pair of race shoes were the Simpson high tops.My first car was a Tiga sc85 Sports 2000. I have a size 12 foot. The Tiga had a very small foot box , so we squeezed my foot into a size 10 1/2 boot. I know this sounds odd but the Simpsons have such a large pointed toe area that it really was'nt as bad as it sounds. So you should be able to go down at least 1/2 a size without much trouble .Good Luck.

JR
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Liked: 52

Default Simpson Accelerator

I also ordered a pair of accelerators for me and my brother for Xmas. I wear a size 10 in New Balance sneakers and my brother wears a 9 1/2, so that's what we ordered. They were about a half size too big on both of us, so I'm keeping his 9 1/2s and trading in the 10s for 9s for him. Hopes this helps.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 4

Thanks for the reply's. I talked to a gal at Simpson today, she recommended going down only a half size as well.
    F600 #27

Liked: 9

Post Right, go down 1/2.

I sized my Simpson High Tops down by 1/2 several years ago and that's the right answer. They are holding up quite well.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Thread Information