Liked: 0

Default WTB:FA must be reliabe,year not a concern

WTB FA year not a concern must reliable will be useing for regionals and a few nationals. Would consider one that needs minor work if the price is right.
    you can email me at davidyaa@msn.com
    Last edited by davecadrealty; 11.15.06 at 11:57 PM.

Liked: 5

I don't think I ever saw reliable, FA and reasonably priced in the same sentence. Not to mention track day. FA would not be my idea of a good track day car by any stretch of the imagination.

Liked: 553

I tend to agree with Scott, but I guess it all depends on your definitions for reasonable price and reliable. If "reasonable" means $20,000 or below, forget it. If reliable means that for every 40 hours you spend maintaining the car you'll get 1-2 hours of track time with minimal problems, you might be able to get a reliable car for as low as $30,000. YMMV.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 3

how about a.....
    Van Dieman RF89 F-1000
    F.I Yamaha R-1
    sequential 6-spd
    8"/10" 3-piece wheels
    wings
    spares
    730lbs/150+h.p
    very entertaining/fast
    reasonably priced
    see pic here
    http://qcma.org/modules.php?set_albu...view_photo.php

see ya gord
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Liked: 0

BUMP

Liked: 11

Default How about a DB4?

I know of a decient 88 Swift DB4/cosworth in the Indy area that could be had for 25k. Owner has spares including extra fresh cosworth at additional cost. I would sell my DB4/Toyota but because it is the nicest/freshest one on the planet I would need at least 35k.

Liked: 3787

I would call Maxie @ Formula Cars East. They have campaigned FA cars for folks for many years. She would give you a fair idea of the game.

912-330-9306

In my unhumble opinion the most reliable FAs would also be the least competitive in the class. For example an FA zetec FF2000 is about as reliable a car possible. As would be the FSCCA car. But neither could compete with a true FA in terms of lap times.

By definition FA is high dollar. And reliability was not part of the design critera in a pro car designed to be torn down in between each race weekend.

Liked: 1

Default FA Reliability

I disagree that Atlantics are somehow inherently unreliable.

Running a full National schedule, 6-8 races per year, we've had near total reliability. The last mechanical DNF was in July 1999. Even that was really freaky. The crank-mounted ignition pickup broke its screws and fell off.

The 40 hours of work for one hour of track time estimate is pretty close, though.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Mazda-powered DB4

Have you called Frank Sanchez about his car?
    1. He lives nearby.
    2. He knows race cars and preps his cars well.
    3. While a few disagree about the reliability of the Toyota engine, this car has an incredibly-reliable, durable Mazda engine that makes good HP.
    4. It's a Swift
    5. It's priced right.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Thread Information