Thread: Rule questions

Mark Beckman

Default Rule questions

D4 Carbon fibre prohibited for any panel licked by the air stream.
    The Stohr advertises carbon wings, please clarify? Did I miss something?

D5 rub block dimensions = 75 x 125 max.
    "Blocks" have 3 dimensions not 2, what is the third dimension.

J2 Steel springs only
    Bump stop 'rubbers' are part of the spring system, petty but protestable.

Thank you.

Liked: 0

Default Wrong ad

Where does the Stohr advertise carbon fiber wings? Perhaps you are reading the WF1 ad. The one on their site mentions:

[SIZE=3]AERODYNAMICS & BODYWORK
    The front and rear wings are based on our successful DSR wing profile. The wings are made of high strength
    pre-preg composites, oven-cured at 275deg. A rear diffuser gives maximum ground effect downforce.
    The entire body is made from the same super strong, ultra-light fiberglass composite used on the Stohr WF1.
    [/SIZE]

Thanks.

Ken
    Ken

Liked: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Beckman
    D4 Carbon fibre prohibited for any panel licked by the air stream.
    The Stohr advertises carbon wings, please clarify? Did I miss something?
    Yes, you missed something. As was pointed out by Ken, "pre-preg composites" does not imply carbon fiber.

D5 rub block dimensions = 75 x 125 max.
    "Blocks" have 3 dimensions not 2, what is the third dimension.
    It isn't specified because it can be whatever the entrant finds useful. I doubt anyone will use rub blocks that are 150mm thick.

J2 Steel springs only
    Bump stop 'rubbers' are part of the spring system, petty but protestable.
    From the GCR Glossary: Bump Stop - A cushioning pad which acts as the limit to suspension travel in one vertical direction.

There is no mention of spring here. Also, J2 restricts the springs only - not the entire spring system. For example, spring perches can be of any desired material, not just steel.

Dave

Mark Beckman

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gomberg
    It isn't specified because it can be whatever the entrant finds useful. I doubt anyone will use rub blocks that are 150mm thick.

Dave
    Thank you for your time.

It does not mention anywhere the 3rd dimension or orientation of the rubbing blocks, therefore for example say 10mm x 50mm x 2 meter "thick" rubbing blocks horizontally orientated and positioned either side of my tunnels will be legal.

Believe it or not, I'm trying to help, Im trying to find loopholes now before someone actually turns up with skirts err, rubbing blocks.

Liked: 26

Mark,
    That is close to the size I thought would work best on my car. Mine would need to be 10mm x 60mm x 120cm bolted to the each side of the floor with 40mm hanging down and I only need two instead of four to do the job.

Thread Information