[SIZE=2]Hi all,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Great board you have here![/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
I also am about to start a complete resto on my 1980 RT-5. I have been collecting parts when I find a deal. I also am looking for programs/magazines from the early 80's to help document the history. I have all log books starting on 9-18-80 and if the story I got from the previous owner is true this is a "historically significant car"(Pete Halsmer/Arciero late 80/81, Michael Andretti/Arciero early 82 before he got his 82 RT-5 and Ted Prappas/Mike Curb Racing 83 & 84). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chassis number was 201. I say "was" because it was re-tubbed by Marc Bahner in 84 after a crash by Dennis Firestone (testing). The car was sold to Vincent Tajellmaland in 85 and started running regionals. In 87 Greg Walker purchased the car and campaigned heavily (38 races) on the West Coast. I purchased it form Tim Long who only ran the car in 1 vintage race in 2000. Once completed I will run the car with VARA on the West Coast. We have a large following of Super Vee's here in SoCal with never less than 3 ground effects cars at an event. It is not uncommon to have 5 or 6 and I’m sure this will grow as I see several cars coming this way and in restoration.

Charlie – I agree also (from RT5 Rettenmeier National Champion Car thread)
Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner
"Almost new?" Nope. You are just beginning, even if you are not planning on thrashing the car as they did in the pro series you have to examine and rebuild every part of it. Trust NONE of the work done before even if it was done by your best friend and ace mechanic. Only you can be responsible for your car and your posterior.
- it was quite hard to resist taking out my "race ready " purchase just once before I start complete disassembly and rebuild. After looking the car over I came to my senses and realized that I am to old to get hurt because something broke that could have been replaced. Also too poor to damage parts unnecessarily. It will be a while before it is complete but it will look nice and be safe before I race it.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Micheletti

80 Ralt RT-5
65 Diva Valkre
65 Lotus Elan
66 Lotus Elan Coupe
72 Lotus Europa TC (soon up for sale to pay for the Ralt resto)
[/SIZE]