Liked: 12

Default FCM CanAm Cup - Update

[SIZE=2]Good day, folks - [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I wanted to get information out to anyone who was interested in coming up to the ina[/SIZE][SIZE=2]ugural FormulaCar Magazine CanAm Cup at Mosport. The race is still very much a 'go' despite the fact that the volunteer organizer bailed out unannounced recently. The overall event itself is being run by the CASC and Mosport, but the Formula Ford class is managed by BARC and their designated rep for the OFFC series is no longer at the post. I'm here to help pick up the pieces.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The race is just a couple weeks away and I want to make sure that any interested drivers have a contact person to reach to obtain information on this event. The race is being held at Mosport on the September 30-October 1 weekend and we are expecting a 40-50 car Formula Ford grid. The track time includes a 10-minute practice, 20-minute qualifier and a 30-minute race each day. The Sunday events will be the official CanAm Cup. FormulaCar Magazine and eformulacarnews.com will be on-site all weekend giving unprecedented coverage of what will likely be the largest Formula Ford grid in the last five years.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The spec tire is a treaded Dunlop but, please, do not let buying a new set of tires scare you, as we have set up a buy-back program at the end of the weekend. The tires are $864 CDN for a new set and we will be setting a $400 buy-back price for interested Ontario drivers who want to pick up the used rubber to use next season. We already have one driver who wants these tires and I am no doubt that they will line-up for the opportunity. The tires must be in good shape at the end of the weekend, as inspected by the Dunlop distributor,[/SIZE][SIZE=2]with no obvious damage or flat-spotting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]We are also putting together a package for those coming across the border to ease your reservations on this area. It's easy to do[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]We do have a couple possible rental rides available, for anyone who would want to simply arrive-and-drive this storied racetrack. [/SIZE][SIZE=2]I'll have a complete information e-mail communication together soon. [/SIZE]
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 12

Hi folks,

If anyone is planning to attend the CanAm Cup at Mosport on September 30-October 1, please post a reply here so that we can hook up and get you in the information you need to make this a great experience. This is the start of something big and we want to make this inaugural race a good one.
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Thread Information