Liked: 3

Default HPT labor day weekend

Just curious of how many FF guys are going to be there? I plan on making sunday if all goes well at Road America the weekend before HPT. How many was there for the last national at HPT?

Andrew

Liked: 23
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Liked: 25

Default Hpt

I suspect that with the Run Offs coming up, there are going to be a lot of out of Division drivers and it should be a very good field. I think Mike Sauce mentioned he was bringing 2 FFs. I plan to be there.
    - Frank Chambers (Frank C)
    Edit - As of 8/27, 14 FFs are registered.
    Last edited by Frank C; 08.23.06 at 11:55 PM.

Liked: 0

Default HRP Labor Day racing

Does anyone have the qualifying times and race results for this weekend's races? Inquiring minds in the PNW would like to know.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    Ken

Default HPT Sept Ntl

results are on Mylaps.com - search Spencer's Dream for the event or KAW Valley for the organization

Default HPT Spencer's Dream

The race was run in very nice weather - high of 77F. The details are on the web, but in sumary, the top four qualifiers were Bill Kephart (1:44.986), Mike Sauce, Todd Bardwell, and Cliff Johnson. The race results were Cliff Johnson, Mike Sauce (new lap record in race - 1:45.966), John Copple, and Todd Bardwell. There was a full course yellow in the middle of the race that closed things up, at least for those of us toward the back. For someone who had not been there since 2002, the new buildings (Tech, garages, Hospitality) were impressive. I was off the asphalt in the paddock on grass and it was a little too lumpy.
    - Frank C
    P.S. J.R. Osborne won DSR in a Stohr and was flying - credited with a 1:35.085 (new lap record) in the race.

Liked: 3

Frank

Are you going to be up at MAM for the regional on the 17th? I am going to be there.........

Andrew

Default Season Over

I teach and can't travel that far on weekends. From Stillwater, MAM, Gateway, and Memphis are nearly 500 miles. I am through for the season but am just glad to have finally gotten the car out and shaken off some of the rust (on the driver) from a 3 year break. I've still got a way to go!
    - Frank C

Liked: 42

Interesting grouping,

So......

Where were all those ringyding F500's that we have to put up with during Runoffs Qualifying?

I'm sure it would have been even a busier group yet if more than two of them had shown up at this event,

Congrats Cliff!!!

bad qualifier, or wanted practice in traffic,
    DSR overall winner started 16th?!
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 72

truth be told, I just drove around and did not screw up. Kephart was wicked fast..under the track record by over 1.5 seconds. We had a full course yellow and driving behind him I could see his tire was going flat...I hate it when that happens. Mike had spun earlier and had the bit between his teeth trying to catch me, but the race was called early because of radio communications problems, so there was no real dice at the end. Had the race gone the full distance it could have been fun. The race was Kephart's to win as he had us covered all weekend. I know I have to step up my game a bunch.

Default HTP National

I got to quit these 2nd lap spins.Great race for you Cliff sorry for Bill K. he had much speed this last weekend.I plan on stepping my game up as well,even with the record last weekend.The Runoffs will be real interesting. Mike Sauce

Congratulations to Cliff, Mike and John.

This was my first time at NEW HPT and I was more than favorably impressed. An excellent repaving job from the old place and it was nice to run the long track.

There was a bit of a problem with track personnel when they would not let us in on Friday afternoon to set up before SCCA registration opened (wanted us all to wait till 6pm!) Someone finally took charge and they let us in before registration opened.

Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Thread Information