Considering my situation, I would save a night in a hotel and a days worth of food... probably only $100. When we do a double SARRC weekend each day is a separate qualifying/race. I don't know of anyone that only races Saturday to cut down on the time away. As I have to tow at least 2.5 hours to the nearest track and usually 3.5-7 hours I would want to be sure not to cut down on track time. One weekend a month racing is not that taxing. Thinking back to a recent thread about the number of race weekends we compete - few are racing more than once every four weeks. It also seems that few run all the available races within their travel radius. It might be different for those with 2 tracks within 1-2 hours drive.

Consequently, another suggestion might be to not run all classes at each weekend. Divide the classes into 3 categories and only schedule 2 categories to race at any given weekend. This way there are 4 run groups rather than 6 for example. I know the cornerworker shortage is an issue but I am not suggesting adding more race weekends.

Just a thought...
[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE]