Liked: 159

Default Limerock July 4th, RollCall

Where is everyone? Preregistration shows 4 FF and 3 CF cars so far and we are a week away. Did a bunch of you register via paper, or is everyone off doing family stuff and cannot come out and play?

Liked: 1

Andy and I are skipping this one to do the test day and the Pig Rost later in the week.

Geoff
    -----------------------------------------
    Geoff Rainville
    VanDiemen RF90 FF

Contributing Member Don Denomme's Avatar
    Liked: 4

Hi Steve. I love Lime Rock...BUT...I can run a two day double race weekend at NHIS the following weekend for a smaller entry fee than a single day at Lime Rock. It's just getting too expensive to run there once you add in hotels, gas (3 hour trip), etc. Again, I love the track. My wife and I love the area. But the costs just don't add up for a single day race.

Liked: 33

Default Rebiuld Mode

I'm a little busy rebiulding the damage from my shunt at NHIS, stout those V's are.
    I am hoping for NHIS in two weeks, but if not, definitely the Glen in July.
    Last edited by AJWALKER; 11.21.14 at 8:46 PM.

Liked: 0

Default Date clash

Steve, the july 4th event is too close to the Glen Nat. for me. The test day is that Friday so I need to leave Thursday evening. Besides, the piper still needs some minor repair work and a set-up. I do wish I was able to make it. Have fun

S. Maxwell

Liked: 0

Default LRP costs

Steve

Don brings up a good point regarding LRP. At the 1-day-regional on the 17th I think I was on track for a total of about 30mins, this included a short qalifying and a 15 (yep, 15!!) lap race. There were 8 race groups to fit in a schedule with a 9:00AM start and a 5:30PM finish. At some point the cost of club racing becomes a little nuts, and for me $300 for 30mins in MY OWN car is getting pretty close to that point. I like LRP; it's close to home, pleasant surroundings, and fun racing, but the laps/$ value is questionable. I'm going to skip the 4th and try and get to NHIS at the end of the week.

Rod

Thread Information