Liked: 0

Default CENDIV/NEDIV/RMD/etc CFC rules

Need a little help please: where on the web can I find the CENDIV and NEDIV CFC rules in written form?

I have been asked to provide a list of similarities and differences among the divisions in preparation for formulating a reasonable compromise for CFC at the ARRC. I know where to get the written rules for SEDIV.

How about RMD and other Western Div rules, are they in written form on the web somewhere? The more info I can get, the better it will be.

TIA

Rick

Liked: 30

Rick,
    Oh my goodness--here we go again. I thought we had all of this hashed out...
    NE rules: http://www.scca-nnjr.org/NNJR_Race/NARRC.shtml#5

MidWest: http://www.midiv.org/PDF/2006_MIDAM_REGS.pdf

DaveK

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Cen Div rules follow GCR with the following additions:
    Car must be homologated 1990 or earlier.

No updates past 1990.

Steve Demeter

Default We don't mean nothin'...

It's my understanding from Butch's reply to Jamie's thread about CFC cars in the SE, that the ARRC committee had already 'decided' on the CFC class for this year's race. Not so, Butch?

IMHO, where we need to direct our attention is the '07 SARRC rules for CFC, and convincing the SARRC committee to allow the class to continue without the required participation numbers...you know, that pesky probation thing....

Go get 'em Grasshopper...

Liked: 202

Default Clearing The Air

As Competition Director for Atlanta Region, I will be developing the CFC rules for the ARRC. While they still need to be approved by Topeka, if they're already in place somewhere in the country that process is much simpler. As I PM'd to Rick (which prompted this thread), get me a simple, enforceable set of CFC rules and that's what we'll run at the 2006 ARRC. If you guys can't agree on one set of rules, I'll just write my own like I did for GTA.

BTW - I'm inclined toward "GCR-legal FC with a manufacture date of '95 and earlier, 1190 minimum weight, open tires." Not quite "run whatcha brung and hopes you brung enuff", but still pretty damn simple.

Proposing those same changes at the SEDIV Mid-Year meeting (July 29) COULD gain another year to make the numbers and save the class in SEDIV. Since it needs to be put on the agenda for the RE's time is of the essence...

Butch Kummer
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 126

I can provide a legitimate argument to include 1996 cars as well. The RF96 is pretty much the same car as the RF95 except for the monoshock, which most people think is slower.

Default CFC rules thread

Here's the thread that worked, reworked and over worked the subject a while back for those interested. Enjoy...

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...ight=cfc+rules

Just like me, my car is not getting any younger... i dont car if they stick us in Formula Atlantic as long as I get to drive!!!!

Will anyone else be glad when 2007 rolls around and this is over?
    Jamie Cole

89 Reynard CFC

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far to go

http://www.kintera.org/grassroots/jamieracesforlaf/

Default been over for a while...

Jamie: I think that it has been over for a while. Just waiting for the time to catch up.

Default ...our poor dead horse...

I believe Rick is right. But we (guys with older cars) can have our own little 'series' just for fun with a bottle of wine (or something) to the winner, if we want.

Jamie, how 'bout the we meet at the ARRC. Maybe our favorite proponent of the Purple will attend as well... Heck, the way things are going with the work on my car, that may be my first race... I hope I'm joking...

DaveK

ARRC sounds great... We can get His Royal Purpleness to come as long as we promise MUCHO MARGARITAS!

I hope to get one in before then, just have to wait and see how things play out. See you soon

Jamie
    Jamie Cole

89 Reynard CFC

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far to go

http://www.kintera.org/grassroots/jamieracesforlaf/

Thread Information