Liked: 0

Default FF2000 FC Engine Building Specs

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me where I can get Rules and specs for the Building of a FF2000 Pinto motor, and can someone tell me where the chassis # is on a 1984 Reynard, as there is no Plate on a car I bought.

Msany thanks Keith

Liked: 3787

The rules and specs are spelled out pretty clearly in the SCCA General Competition Rules (GCR).

Many '84 Reynards do not have serial number plates. Over time the places they were originally riveted got modified or replaced and the metal tags did not get re-installed. Many times they were riveted to the aluminum plate that made up the dash. Folks build new dashes and the number plates get left on the shelf. Some cars had the tag riveted on the inside metal panel that covers the gap between the two roll hoops. Roll hoops get modified, new panels have to be fabricated, tags get left off. Basically, no big deal.

Liked: 1

Default 84's are great cars!!

For a while I thought my car diden't have a plate, but when I was putting on a new belly pan BAM I found it.
    It was also an 84-SF2000 Reynard, the #'s were stamped on a tag attached to the frame rail coming down from the front hoop to the bottom rail around where your left knee would be or lower?. With #'s like, SF- 84-134 and the Reynard logo.
    SF= Super Ford (what they called FC back then) 84= year made 134= 134th car made that year.

Like Mike said get a GCR for engine spec's, but everything is pertty much "stock" and some things must be Ford OEM parts ,,,like the head gasket. Now you could put a 2.0L Zetech engine in it also! That would be and a one of a kind! I'm waiting to see how many guys will take advantage of the new Zetech rule?

They are great cars!! have fun!!
    Last edited by Mark H; 03.21.06 at 11:39 AM.
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 30

Default Reynard tech stuff

Keith, there's a wealth of great tech stuff on the Reynard site (Link below--click on the tech tab) if you're new the the class.

Good luck

DaveK
    89 Reynard

http://www.gnegy.com/reynard/

Default small hijack..

Hijack part: Dave: You going to CMP?

Non-hijack part:

Also, to the original question: Froggy posted a whole set of specs just a week or so ago. I printed it out and have it in my binder for reference. Do a search on this site for the post.

Hi guys,

many thanks, this is certainly a great bunch of guys.

Keith

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default Is GCR up to date?

Are there any rules in the current GCR that are typos or otherwise incorrect?

Keep in mind, I'm not refering to speed secrets. Rather, I'm refering to things like part specs: geometry, weight, allowable manufacturers, etc.

Too often (in my experience) there are the written rules, then there are the "tribal rules" that are known by the tech inspectors and professional engine builders, but not the home-builders.

Thread Information