Liked: 1

I guess I've been slacking off here with my duties and this is a little late. But I would like to bring to your attention of the FF1600 Cam rule proposed revision in your January Fastrack which you should have allready been in your mailboxs a few weeks ago, page F-4 far right side of the page. Please email the CRB compboard@scca.com

http://www.scca.org/news/tech/fastra...01fastrack.pdf

Partial cut and paste please see PDF or Jan Sports Car for the full proposal-Dave
    FF
    Item 1. Due to the unavailability of new camshafts from Ford, and lack of replacement cams from Elgin, it has become necessary to regrind damaged camshafts for Formula Ford. The Competition Board, working with FF engine builders, has determined that the Lobe size, heel to toe measurement in the FCS is not longer valid.

Liked: 3

"Unavailability" is an odd choice of words considering we have 4 new ones on the shelf.

No, they are not dusty/rusty old ones, they are NEW, current production Ford specification parts from England.

Anybody need one?

John Haydon
    Pegasus Auto Racing

Liked: 0

The availability issue is new cams being ground to the the specs that were in the GCR. Since ford motorsport of UK quit carrying the parts for FF in the early 90's the heel to toe and lobe circle measurement have been out of spec. But the profile is correct. It's been a monkey jerk at the run-offs ever since. This helps alot and will keep the cost of cams down. Jay

Thread Information