Liked: 0

Default 1st LOOK @ GRATTAN EWC ENTRIES

Here's a first look at the entry list for the 2006 FF/CFF East vs West Challenge series openers May 27-28 at Grattan Raceway Park in Belding, Michigan:

Dave Harmison, Royale RP-21, CFF, E
    Ron Tebo, Van Diemen RF78, CFF, E
    Jonathan Hirst, Ferret MkIV, CFF, E
    Erik Shepard, Hawke DL12, CFF, E
    Phil Kingham, Zink Z-10C, CFF, E
    Joe Fisher, Van Diemen RF84, FF, E
    Jim Dietz, Van Diemen RF97, FF, E
    Dan Faust, Van Diemen RF93, FF, E
    Gary Godula, Reynard 88F, FF, E
    Steve Zemke, Stohr 98FF, FF, E
    Chad Hines, Van Diemen RF98, FF, E
    Francis Kenette, Euroswift SC97, FF, E
    Bill Ehrlinger, Van Diemen RF80, CFF, W
    Alan Murray, Crossle 45F, CFF, W
    Todd Rhoades, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Tom Stillwell, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Tim Kautz, Piper DF-2, FF, W
    Andrew Genkinger, Mondiale M85S, FF, W

At 41 days and counting until the Friday test day, we already have as many entries as Karl Kalkhoven was able to scratch up for Long Beach. Our next objective is the 22 cars that Bernie Ecclestone starts in F1 (sorry, no V10s in the EWC). Of course, our ultimate objective is to have a bigger field at Grattan than Tony George manages to scrape together (buy from Honda?) for Indy.

There are still 54 people in the EWC driver recruiting pool that I have not heard from or are sitting on the fence. If you are not on this list but should be, please let me know. We all win when car counts are up.

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Liked: 0

WOW! I look forward to seeing a full grid!

Entry forms will be in the mail (hopefully) next week. We have the FF EWC in Group 2 as usual and as requested.

If there's anything can do for you guys, please be sure to let me know!

Phil Green
    Regional Executive, Race Chair, & Pace Car Driver (& occasional F500 driver)
    Western Michigan Region SCCA
    pwgreen@centurytel.net
    www.wmr-scca.org

Liked: 9

Default Thanks WMR

Phil,
    I want to thank you and the entire Western Michigan Region for making racing fun again. Your region is by far the friendliest to the racer. Every event you guys and gals hold at Grattan make the trip worthwhile. A big difference from the Macro-Regions on this side of the lake!

Unfortunately, I probably wont be able to make this early race, but I highly recommend this weekend to any formula ford driver. Besides the enjoyable atmosphere, the racing is intense! Imagine catching about 6" of air over the "jump" with fords on both sides of you (also in the air!) That alone has to be experienced once in your life.

And, the free Saturday dinner is a must do.

Tad Lenhart
    Mequon, Wisconsin

Thread Information