Liked: 67

Ok Gentleman and Ladies-
    Need some advice. I am 51 years old - 5"11" 210 lbs, looking to buy my first FF1600 to run SCCA in the Rocky Mt Division, and am located in So New Mexico. I have looked a Swift DB-1 but had a hard time crunched in the cockpit. I have been told a Lola, Crossle, Dulon, Reynard might be better choices. Any advice is welcome. I am looking to buy and am ready to race.

Liked: 0

Richard:

See my reply in prior topic.

Rick Johnson

Richard,

Look int0 a Zink, I'm a large guy (5'10, 230 lb) and there's room to spare. Also very sturdy and fast.

Good luck

Look under cars for sale at the Lola T-440 I have posted. I am 6'-3" and have driven the car while I was 230#.

Hi Richard,

Crossles are a good way to go too. They fit a wide variety of driver shapes and sizes, they are very competitive and parts are available from several sources. You might want to consider the Crossle that I have advertised.

Here's a link:

[url="http://www.hevanet.com/hilndan/"]http://www.hevanet.com/hilndan/[/url]

Ted's car is nice too...

Good luck with the search.
    Dan J.
    [email]danj@lingosys.com[/email]

You are welcome to try my Van Diemen for size if you are in the Corpus Christi area. email me at [email]cctxmax@aol.com[/email]

My Van Diemen is an RF-81...

I have a 1997 Euroswift FF with a fresh motor.It will fit large drivers easily.The car has double adjustable Penske shocks and Techno wheels with lots of suspension spares.$13.5k BTW the car finshed 3rd at the Runoffs in 2000 and has many National wins.If you are interested call me at 817-860-1985

Richard, did you find a car yet? Hope to see you bring it up to Albuquerque and run at Sandia with Southwest Motorsports.

Richard:

I started competing with a Merlyn MK30 six years ago. The previous owner was a BIG and TALL fellow, and I have room to do square dances in it.
    I did add a Swift DB-1 to the garage, and I am not big, but it is a tight fit. I wouldn't recommend the Swift for a bigger person. Anyways the Merlyn has won its class in Cal-Club for the past five years, and it is for sale. Recent Ivey engine and about every uprade legal.
    Bud Morrison

Liked: 126

Richard,

I am not a big and tall guy (6'1"-165#, size 11 shoe). I fit in my Crossle 32 just fine. Size 11 1/2 shoe could become a problem, any wider shoulders could also present a problem. It would depend on how your 210# is distributed.

My buddy Rick is 5'11"-230#, he has a VD79. Fits fine in it and also fits in my Crossle without the seat.

Don't have any info about any other chassis as we were specifically looking for the respective models when we bought our cars.

Take a look at a Zink Z10 if you can find one. I'm 6'2" and 230 and can make it all fold in. Plenty of leg and butt room, a little short on shoulder but all in all quite good. I had to be physically "extracted" from a Lola I looked at first!

Thread Information