Thread: Brake pad

Liked: 58

Default Brake pad

Looking for compound and correct part number for brake pads for LD calipers. Prefer carbotech but will appreciate any other advice.

J Swank
    05 VD

Liked: 605

check out Primus racing. I remember DaveW not liking Performance Friction but a lot of people run 'em

Liked: 610

Default Brake Pads

Another option is KFP Magnum brake pads. Carbon-Kevlar construction with a ceramic insulator between the material and the backing plate for most compounds.I have a number of 2Ltr cars on them (FF and some F1000 too).
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

4. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 3317

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    Another option is KFP Magnum brake pads. Carbon-Kevlar construction with a ceramic insulator between the material and the backing plate for most compounds.I have a number of 2Ltr cars on them (FF and some F1000 too).
    I run Carbotech XP20's and have not tried anything else that works better, but I do hear that KFP's are also very good. So, IMO, it's a personal choice between 2 good alternatives.
    Last edited by DaveW; 05.04.24 at 8:27 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 610

Default Brake Pads

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I run Carbotech and have not tried anything else that works better, but I do hear that KFP's are also very good. So, IMO, it's a personal choice between 2 good alternatives.
    I agree with Dave.
    Different drivers in the same vehicle can use their braking system differently.
    The different available materials will respond as such.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    I had them on my FF and also on an EP car and they always worked very well for me. Keith has decades of experience with them and his input on what pad to use at various tracks is very helpful.

Liked: 24

Quote Originally Posted by f500racer View Post
    Looking for compound and correct part number for brake pads for LD calipers. Prefer carbotech but will appreciate any other advice.

J Swank
    05 VD
    call Mike at Carbotech. The XP20s are a great aggressive compound. I think he will have LD20 XP20 pads on the shelf.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 58

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Silver View Post
    call Mike at Carbotech. The XP20s are a great aggressive compound. I think he will have LD20 XP20 pads on the shelf.

Thanks all. I've known Mike from my f500 days. Great ambassador to the sport. Have the 20's pre bed on the way. Look forward to be at my home track in a couple weeks.

JNS

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3317

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Silver View Post
    By aggressive, Rick means high CF with superb initial bite. They are very rotor-friendly and easy to modulate.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 6

Pagid RS44 is a very good pad

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information