Liked: 5

Default hotels near Indy 500

Hi I'm looking to go out to practice for Indy this year and would like to hear any good hotels near the track (within 30 mins). Comfort inn type, nothing special. thanks

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1476

flyin in or driving? Mid-week? The two 2 Crawfordsville Road and 465 aren't too sketchy, otherwise I'd stay north of 71st street along 465.

South of there, the airport hotels are OK, but avoid the ones along Lyndhurst - I went to the Waffle House there after getting in late one night and the staff will unlock to door to let you in. A couple of murders in the parking lot of late....

Liked: 280

Go West to Brownsburg. A few decent ones there and it's an easy shot into the track

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member CheckeredFlag's Avatar
    Liked: 116

I've stayed at the Plainfield "Comfort Inn Airport". Good hotel and is about 20 minutes from the track.
    Dean Fehribach
    Car owner: SCCA Enterprises FE2 chassis #037.
    Car owner: 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Autocross STU

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1109

Ah Heck, just do what I did when working the first GP at Montreal... sleep in the Opel wagon after running a few laps 'round in 'er.

You're welcome.

Have a ball, wherever the pillow ends up being.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Thread Information