Liked: 186

Default FFCS Race at VDCA's Wild Hare - video

Before everyone comments on my whacky hand shuffling on the steering wheel - It is not at all a conscious process. Before video, if you had asked me where my hands were, I probably would have told you they were at "10 and 2" the whole time. I don't even know that I am doing it in the moment. It works for me but I don't recommend that anyone use it as a model for their driving.

The finish was so close we had no idea who won. T&S gave it to Scott Fairchild by .010s but it was closer than that - flagger at S/F pointed to Scott and gave the thumb and forefinger sign for "inches". Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUoF...el=DouglasMeis

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 900

Quote Originally Posted by s800racer View Post
    Before everyone comments on my whacky hand shuffling on the steering wheel - It is not at all a conscious process. Before video, if you had asked me where my hands were, I probably would have told you they were at "10 and 2" the whole time. I don't even know that I am doing it in the moment. It works for me but I don't recommend that anyone use it as a model for their driving.

The finish was so close we had no idea who won. T&S gave it to Scott Fairchild by .010s but it was closer than that - flagger at S/F pointed to Scott and gave the thumb and forefinger sign for "inches". Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUoF...el=DouglasMeis
    Perhaps, wrt your hand positioning, there is some rally driver in your ancestry? FWIW, I do pretty much the same shuffle, and it does work fine.

As to the video and the racing, thank you for getting my day off to a great start! Proving of course, that FF/CF can be extremely close/competitive yet gentlemanly racing.....

best,
    bt

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 186

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    Perhaps, wrt your hand positioning, there is some rally driver in your ancestry? FWIW, I do pretty much the same shuffle, and it does work fine.

As to the video and the racing, thank you for getting my day off to a great start! Proving of course, that FF/CF can be extremely close/competitive yet gentlemanly racing.....

best,
    bt
    The point bys are not just to be nice. We both wanted to make it a 2 car race and there was a very competitive 3rd place car lurking about a second or so behind. By pointing and lifting to give me the corner, Scott follows me through the corner and we both get better exit speed rather than fighting me to the apex and ruining the exit for both of us. It's just smart racing. On the last lap, however, point-bys go out the window!

6. The following 7 users liked this post:

Thread Information