Contributing Member
    Liked: 85

Default Seat belt adjusters?

How hard should it be to adjust a lap belt? Put in a new set of Sabelts, and they seem way too hard to adjust. Standing beside the car, I can BARELY tighten the lap belt. The driver would never be able to do it himself.

Will they get better with use?

Never had this issue with my Royale -I could get in with them loose, buckle up, give them a yank, and go. and they stayed tight

Liked: 942

I would go back to your supplier and explain the issue. I have pull up OMP and Sparco lap belts in my cars and they are easy to adjust. Good luck.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Sometimes they are hard and have to be adjusted when they're disconnected, and then you have to "suck it in" and click them in. And sometimes you just need another set of hands to get everything put together. Usually just the lap belt. Good luck!

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 479

Most belts now have a locking spring to put pressure on the "locking bar". The older belts the "locking bar" floated and was a lot easier to adjust. I have switched to pull up (lap) belts for this reason. Someone outside the car can get leverage and in the car it is easier to pull up than pull down - the latter usually is restricted to only one hand. The set it and suck it in approach works, as long as you take into consideration that pasta dinner at the workers party the night before......

They do get easier with use.

I see F1 only has adjustable shoulder belts:

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/...point-seatbelt

ChrisZ

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 597

Willans and cam lock !!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 85

I did pull the spring out of one side---about 2% improvement
    I swear you could lift the car by that one strap
    "suck it up" is the order of the day, but it shouldn't have to be

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Schmidt View Post
    I swear you could lift the car by that one strap
    Its been done before, I've seen it. Kinda scary, but it does work. Did it with some sports racers to stack cars on stands when going to the runoffs at road atlanta many years ago. When you didn't have to change them out every three or five years!

Thread Information