Liked: 27

Default Track Day at Willow Springs, March 20

Who else is going? I’ll be there with my PFM. It’s $250 for the whole day and that includes lunch and a T shirt.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

Isn't it $215 ?

https://opentrackracing.com/sign-up-for-a-track-day

Is Kailo running a 4th group for OW cars? He used to run a group for his rentals.
    The advanced group usually has a lot of heavy iron.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    Isn't it $215 ?

https://opentrackracing.com/sign-up-for-a-track-day

Is Kailo running a 4th group for OW cars? He used to run a group for his rentals.
    The advanced group usually has a lot of heavy iron.
    If you sign up early it’s $215. If you sign up late the price goes up. With all the rain here I’m going to sign up late this month, to make sure it’s not raining on track day.

Ive been going with the beginner group but may move up to advanced this time. I haven’t driven the car in over a year due to the construction of my new garage, so I may still go in the beginner group. We’ll see what kind of cars show up that day.

Kailo doesn’t have a problem with me being an open wheel car mixed in with the regular cars.

Will you be there?

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

I will not. Car (FC) still need some attention and I don't have the time right now.

I ran with them for years. It's a good TD. Less bone-heads because it's mid-week.

I would think simply cruising in a PFM should be middle group to start. You don't need the lead-follow instruction.

I've never run my race car with them. Just a Corvette.

Remember you make lap time in the corners and they make it in the straights. Most of those guys will approach T1 at 150+ and park it in the corners.

Let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    I will not. Car (FC) still need some attention and I don't have the time right now.

I ran with them for years. It's a good TD. Less bone-heads because it's mid-week.

I would think simply cruising in a PFM should be middle group to start. You don't need the lead-follow instruction.

I've never run my race car with them. Just a Corvette.

Remember you make lap time in the corners and they make it in the straights. Most of those guys will approach T1 at 150+ and park it in the corners.

Let me know how it goes.
    Ok I’ll let you know. It’s a really good time there, no pressure. Lots of nice people. One lady I talked to had her Dodge Challenger on the track for the first time. Kailo and his girlfriend make it fun also.

This is the fourth track day I’ve done with them. I was really intimidated the first time on the big track so I stayed in the beginner group. The lead-follow instruction was okay the first couple of times, now I want to step it up.

It’s fun playing with the Porsche GT3’s. They walk away from me in the straights, and I’m on their bumper after turn 2.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Well the track day went great. A buddy that I used to race desert with showed up to help me.

I did four sessions in the Intermediate group. The car ran good, but sometimes it’s still difficult to start. I’ve done a compression test so I know it’s not the compression. I may swap out the coils before the next track day on May 20.

In the last session I spun in turn 4, stalled the car and rolled backwards into the dirt. It turned out to be a good place to end up as I wasn’t in anyone’s way. Kailo came over and looked at the car and referred me to a guy that can check the suspension and corner weights on the car. Kailo also gave me the phone number of someone that sells scrubbed tires. I’ll probably finish the season on my existing tires, then get a new set for September.

If anyone wants to track their car in a relaxed, fun atmosphere I recommend Opentrackracing.com

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1475

why don't you bring that thing out to Buttonwilow with VARA in May? We have a couple of PFM guys run out of Bob Morris' shop, and he's one of the more qualified mechanics around SoCal, having wrenched Dennis Firestone to Indy in the 80's.

We'll also be running a rookie group.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    why don't you bring that thing out to Buttonwilow with VARA in May? We have a couple of PFM guys run out of Bob Morris' shop, and he's one of the more qualified mechanics around SoCal, having wrenched Dennis Firestone to Indy in the 80's.

We'll also be running a rookie group.
    Hi Rick, PM me the info please. Also the info on Bob Morris’s shop.

Thread Information