Liked: 976

Default Mid-Ohio Hoosier Super Tour - May 17-19

Great news - the formula classes will be split at Mid-Ohio. We should have FA/FC as one run group. Let's build the entries so that this can continue!

https://www.scca.com/events/2004533-...rts-car-course

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 165

Looks like registration opened this week for this event. Hopefully being in our own group with FA will alleviate some of the reported headaches from Road Atlanta.

OVR SCCA Hoosier Super Tour 2024 (motorsportreg.com)
    Van Diemen RF99 FC

Liked: 14

I looked at the schedule. Can one just sign up for Saturday as it’s the only day that you get more than one on-track session? What is that cost? Hard to justify the time on the other days for one session.

Liked: 388

Quote Originally Posted by racpercival View Post
    I looked at the schedule. Can one just sign up for Saturday as it’s the only day that you get more than one on-track session? What is that cost? , to justify the time on the other days for one session.

I have been attending SCCA races with my dad since the 80s. Up until the mid 2000s the weekend were always 2 sessions on Saturday, and a race on Sunday. 3 sessions over 2 days. This schedule is basically the same, with the addition of a session on Friday.

Somewhere it became expected that a race weekend would be a whole bunch of sessions crammed into 2 days.

We can't have it both ways. Seperate run groups and lots of sessions in a weekend.

How about we go back to simply enjoying a more relaxed weekend and take the time that would have been used thrashing to get ready for another session, and go out and socialize, watch races, and just enjoy being at the track? Isn't that part of the experience too?

6. The following 5 users liked this post:

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Sport Engineering View Post
    I have been attending SCCA races with my dad since the 80s. Up until the mid 2000s the weekend were always 2 sessions on Saturday, and a race on Sunday. 3 sessions over 2 days. This schedule is basically the same, with the addition of a session on Friday.

Somewhere it became expected that a race weekend would be a whole bunch of sessions crammed into 2 days.

We can't have it both ways. Seperate run groups and lots of sessions in a weekend.

How about we go back to simply enjoying a more relaxed weekend and take the time that would have been used thrashing to get ready for another session, and go out and socialize, watch races, and just enjoy being at the track? Isn't that part of the experience too?
    Very well said. I would add that Fridays before a "National" were usually test days for those that wished to do so. This helped to keep costs down. It was a choice whether or not to spend the additional $ for track time hotels ect not to mention time off from work for the driver and crew.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 976

Quote Originally Posted by hdsporty1988 View Post
    Very well said. I would add that Fridays before a "National" were usually test days for those that wished to do so. This helped to keep costs down. It was a choice whether or not to spend the additional $ for track time hotels ect not to mention time off from work for the driver and crew.
    There is an understanding that everyone prefers the current double race format. I have spoken to many that do not and would like to go back to the practice, qualify, race format. I have heard many reasons, one of the interesting comments is that a double race devalues the event. Who wins the June Sprints if there are different winners on Saturday and Sunday?

If you have any thoughts or preference please get a letter into the system ASAP - there are upcoming meetings where this and similar topics will be discussed.

https://crbscca.com/

Thanks,

John

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 296

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 165

One month away! Currently sitting at 7 FCs with only 1 FA in our group so far.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Van Diemen RF99 FC

Thread Information