Thread: Terry Abbott

Liked: 91

Default Terry Abbott

It saddens me to post. I don't have many details but Terry has passed away. Terry was a really great person. I was looking forward to spending more time with him, especially on the track since the vintage vee he had been working on for years was finally completed. Unexpected and sad. My heart goes out to Patty, Andrew, Brandon and the entire Abbott family.

https://youtu.be/L-eIKRuLQAU?si=U9IgOuaV7SwX6qNg
    Last edited by brian styczynski; 02.14.24 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Oh My God, this is terrible news.

We “just” met and spent time with all the Abbotts at the Runoffs, over the full week, and we are just gutted to hear this.

I may expand later, but all I can say is he welcomed us into the Vee community like we were old friends. Very sad.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 174

Such awful news to hear! Terry was such a good guy and I always enjoyed his company!
    Condolences to the entire Abbott family and may he R.I.P. !

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 13

Haven't been to this forum in a bit and this was terrible to see.

I met Terry just this past October. He was running a regional at Mid-Ohio to test and prep a car for next year's Majors event there. Being my first actual race weekend, I was lucky enough to have paddocked by him and his family and he was very generous on advice and helping me fix a wheel I goofed in the gravel. He even gave the flag he received for winning our class to my kids as we were all packing up. Super nice guy. Was looking forward to seeing him again.

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 113

Default Race in Peace Terry Abbott

Terry lived near me in Michigan and borrowed my Lynx B for a couple of races. Once at the Waterford Historics about 12 years ago. He had not driven a vee in over a decade, hopped into an unfamiliar car at the last minute, and beat hall of famer Garrett VanCamp. In 2022 he asked to take my car to the SVRA races at Indy where he proceeded to run at the front all weekend and finish 3rd.

He was a great source of advice - always prompt with his responses and very transparent with information. I was looking forward to seeing him at the vintage races this year.

He will be greatly missed.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

10. The following 6 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

O my God. I have known Terry since he was a kid . His dad was the he Chief steward whenI went to drivers school many years ago. He grew up to be a real racer, a wonderful husband for Patty, who was always so supportive of the family racing, and a great dad to Andrew and Brandon. The Detroit area racing community will really miss him and his smile

12. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

14. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Liked: 5

Default Arrangements

Visitation is this Thursday, Celebration on Friday at Heeney Sundquist Funeral Home in Farmington, MI

https://www.heeney-sundquist.com/obi...errance-abbott

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information