Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

Default RALT RT4/5 shift linkage

Need the long shift tube that goes from the rear of the fuel cell up to the shifter mechanism. Also need the shifter lever that goes inside the aforementioned tub onto which the shift knob is located.

Also need two shift knobs.

contact fattogatto@msn.com for details.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 0

Charles:
    If you can’t find that long shifter rod/shaft, as an option I can take the one out of my RT-4 I’m restoring and measure it up for you so you can fabricate a new one. Sorry, no spares.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    Need the long shift tube that goes from the rear of the fuel cell up to the shifter mechanism. Also need the shifter lever that goes inside the aforementioned tub onto which the shift knob is located.

Also need two shift knobs.

contact fattogatto@msn.com for details.

Liked: 139

Default Knobs

I bet someone on here could 3d print some shift knobs with your desired shape and the Ralt logo on top.

Rob,

Thanks. But, you don't want to remove that assembly unless you absolutely have to. Depending on the tub year, you'll have cut an access hole in the side. Damned if I can figure out how they got the assembly inside.

Quote Originally Posted by RoWatso View Post
    Charles:
    If you can’t find that long shifter rod/shaft, as an option I can take the one out of my RT-4 I’m restoring and measure it up for you so you can fabricate a new one. Sorry, no spares.
    Rob
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

I have found some of the parts. I still need to source a Ralt RT4 or 5 shift lever to buy or borrow for fabrication.

Thanks
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Liked: 0

Charlie:
    Your assessment about the difficulty of removing the long shift linkage rod that runs from the rear bulkhead to the shift knob pivot point is accurate. I haven’t been able to figure out how to remove mine from the tub yet (short of cutting an undesirable access hand hole as suggested). I wanted to remove the entire assembly to clean, condition check, lubricate, and replace the small Heim joint. I may not get that assembly out to do my tasks, nor share fabrication measurements and details with you. Perhaps someone else will share the secrets of access and removal.
    Rob

To remove the assembly you will have to cut the access hole on the outside of the tub. 2"x4" worked fine.. I believe the assembly forward part was installed as the tub was being assembled.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoWatso View Post
    Charlie:
    Your assessment about the difficulty of removing the long shift linkage rod that runs from the rear bulkhead to the shift knob pivot point is accurate. I haven’t been able to figure out how to remove mine from the tub yet (short of cutting an undesirable access hand hole as suggested). I wanted to remove the entire assembly to clean, condition check, lubricate, and replace the small Heim joint. I may not get that assembly out to do my tasks, nor share fabrication measurements and details with you. Perhaps someone else will share the secrets of access and removal.
    Rob
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Liked: 27

Default RT4 Shifter

Charles, If you cant find a Drivers Gear stick/shifter assy to purchase in the long term I can assist with dimensions and Photos of the Shifter and linkages to reverse engineer etc. I have the shifter removed from the 87 Chassis at the moment. Likely RT didn't re engineer the shifter assy & Linkages in any great way over the RT4 production run?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    I have found some of the parts. I still need to source a Ralt RT4 or 5 shift lever to buy or borrow for fabrication.

Thanks

Thread Information