Liked: 1

Default Vees in South Africa

Hello everyone.

I’m from South Africa and here we race vees as well however our spec is completely different to the rest of the world. We race a water cooled 1400 golf engine where as everyone else seems to use the beetle engine.

I race my car in a series called formula Libre which is basically a mix of single seaters. Our rule allows for anything to be done to the car as we are a time base series.

my question is I struggle with the h beam front suspension with set up and making it work for me. So would I be able to convert the front to a double wish bone suspension, similar to a formula Ford ect but keep the rear suspension as the “zero roll” single shock design?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4349.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	110068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	110069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4309.jpeg 
Views:	257 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	110070  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2368.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	110071  

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 302

Your H beam is an independent front suspension. The "double wish bone suspension" is an independent suspension, so no real difference with respect to the zero roll rear IMO.

Personally I think you'll be doing a lot of work for little to no gain.

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 355

Quote Originally Posted by Ktorres View Post
    I struggle with the h beam front suspension with set up and making it work for me.
    what exactly are you struggling with it doing?
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Thread Information