Liked: 31

For Sale *SOLD* Newly Converted Complete FE2 Race Package For Sale

*CAR IS SOLD*

*Trailer now listed separately in Trailer & Tow Vehicle section
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...Trailer-(2021)

Posting my recently converted FE2 for sale. Not the easiest decision but our racing plans have changed and it looks like we won’t be able to race as often as we’d hoped. The last thing the class needs is another car tucked away in a garage going unused. I can confidently say this is one of the nicest FE2s in the country. No expense was spared in the build. Read on for details.

I bought the car and converted it to FE2 spec during the pandemic. Thirteen month rebuild consisted of:

• Stripped down to bare frame and crack checked and painted and then rebuilt as an FE2 with the new 2.0L Mazda engine and SADEV sequential gearbox.
    • Fuel cell replaced and compartment lined with rubber shower pan liner to minimize abrasion to the cell.
    • New wood floor installed.
    • Car completely rewired.
    • All water, fuel, and oil lines replaced with new.
    • Newer 910 PTFE Aramid fuel lines.
    • New fuel sampling port.
    • Added dry disconnect couplings to the clutch and rear brake lines to facilitate quicker car splitting at the track.
    • New AIM EVO 4s data logger and GS Dash with brake bias sensors, string pot steering angle sensor, and Smarty Cam. Custom fabricated dash mount so it’s flush with the wheel rim.
    • All available class upgrades added including:
      • Adjustable rear sway bar
      • Dropped floor for additional foot room
      • Tilton throw out bearing
      • Floating rotors
      • Updated silver springs
      • Cockpit helmet surround.

• Body side panels and interior cockpit close-out panels converted from rivets to screw mount using Rivnuts to make installation and removal easier.
    • Converted all engine cover fasteners to Camlocks.
    • New BrakeOMeter brake bias adjuster for more accurate bias adjustments.
    • New battery charging port installed to the left of the cockpit.
    • New Antigravity lithium battery.
    • Added cockpit accessible fire bottle safety pin cable setup for easier insertion and removal by driver before and after sessions.
    • Fabricated new battery cover and added foam on the underside to protect the battery and hold it in place.
    • A couple months ago I grudgingly removed the brand new LED rain light I’d installed during the build and replaced it with ANOTHER brand new LED rain light that’s compliant with the new-for-2024 SCCA FIA Standard 8874-2019, Technical List No. 76 requirements.
    • Leading edges of the side pods and engine air intake covered with PPF for added protection.
    • Steering rack rebuilt.
    • BSCI FIA-spec seat kit. I’m 6’ and about 190 pounds just for reference.
    • Interior intrusion panels covered with carbon-look vinyl for a clean and updated look.
    • Belts are brand new. 2028 date code.
    • Headers ceramic coated.
    • Installed a Hobbs meter prior to the first engine start. Currently showing approximately 10 hours total which consists of a test day, a day of lead/follows at drivers school with my students in 2022, and two race weekends.
    • Car comes with:
      • Three sets of wheels.
      • Standard and restricted-db “quiet” muffler
      • Custom car cover with tie-downs.
      • Three Samson radios with hard cases, one for the car and two crew sets.
      • Low aluminum paddock stands.
      • High rolling shop stand (Brenner).

Vinyl wrap was done professionally and meant to evoke the old Players Indycars from the CART era in honor of one of my favorite drivers of the time, Greg Moore (RIP). The side pod graphics are a fun play on that concept. If you’re old enough you’ll get it. :-)

I also have a two-year-old 24’ Anvil enclosed race trailer for sale.

• 3500 pound dual axles.
    • Extended tongue.
    • Black, smooth exterior with 48” curb side entry door and street side “escape door”.
    • Beaver tail rear.
    • Rubber coin floor.
    • White, smooth interior walls.
    • Black cabinets and front workbench.
    • Interior LED AC lighting.
    • Interior DC light.
    • Curb side LED paddock work lights.
    • Rear LED loading lights.
    • Two spare tires.
    • Just had solar panel trickle charging setup professionally installed for keeping house battery topped off.
    • Added front-to-rear e-Track for tying down the car, golf cart, and included rolling tire rack that holds four full sets of tires. Mounted e-Track on the walls for securing tool boxes, fuel jugs, gas cylinders, pit bikes etc. and added an AC power plug above the work bench for charging radios, tool batteries, laptops, etc. Hooks and tie-downs installed for front wing storage on the wall.

Asking $62,000 for the car and $22,000 for the trailer. Or talk to me about a package deal if you want the entire car and trailer setup. Trailer will not be sold separately until the car goes. This setup is ready to win Majors and national championships if the driver is up to the task. In our initial shakedown run at Sonoma we ran within a second of the track record with just a base setup.

Additional images of the car and trailer, including in-process build photos can be found at the following Google Photos link...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9s3FYmMSWxrEpoZ39

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eboucher; 02.17.24 at 7:18 PM. Reason: SOLD
    Formula Enterprises 2, chassis #009
    A bad day at the track is still better than a good day at the office!

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

Thank You for honoring Greg this way.
    Last edited by E1pix; 01.26.24 at 9:24 AM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Thread Information