Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 3

Default Source for QA-1 shocks?

I'm looking to replace the shocks on my Van Diemen RF-79 and looking for an affordable shock
    Can t find any information on the QA-1 shocks, and what about specific valving suitable for my car? Running on the vintage Hoosier or Avon tires.
    Non- remote reservoir shocks , double adjustable.
    Thanks!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Call Angelo at Anze Suspension. 516-578-5181. He will guide you to what you need.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Quote Originally Posted by glenn woloski View Post
    I'm looking to replace the shocks on my Van Diemen RF-79 and looking for an affordable shock
    Can t find any information on the QA-1 shocks, and what about specific valving suitable for my car? Running on the vintage Hoosier or Avon tires.
    Non- remote reservoir shocks , double adjustable.
    Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure Alan McColl has (or had) double-adjustable QA1 dampers on his Tiga, so if you want a local perspective on them, he could be a good place to start.

Are we going to see you at Mission this year?

Liked: 41

I was looking at QA1, but couldn't find a small bodied shock that had hardware for a 2.25 spring and nothing in the lengths I needed.
    Looking at using AVO shocks in the UK

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    I'm pretty sure Alan McColl has (or had) double-adjustable QA1 dampers on his Tiga, so if you want a local perspective on them, he could be a good place to start.

Are we going to see you at Mission this year?
    Thanks, Alan
    Will be racing in the Emerald cup series again at Seattle and Portland , great competition and awesome tracks!

Liked: 25

Default QA1 shocks

Quote Originally Posted by glenn woloski View Post
    Thanks, Alan
    Will be racing in the Emerald cup series again at Seattle and Portland , great competition and awesome tracks!
    Glenn

while he’s not close, Mike Leary at Leary Racing can supply the QA1 shocks you’re looking for. The shop is located in Denver. Mike built a set for me 4 years ago and that perform like shocks costing 4 times a much. Mike can custom valve them and set up the shock to the length you need. (303)-922-4227

Best
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsy SR 6 View Post
    Glenn

while he’s not close, Mike Leary at Leary Racing can supply the QA1 shocks you’re looking for. The shop is located in Denver. Mike built a set for me 4 years ago and that perform like shocks costing 4 times a much. Mike can custom valve them and set up the shock to the length you need. (303)-922-4227

Best
    Tom
    Thanks Tom, will give them a call

Liked: 146

Quote Originally Posted by CARSHouston View Post
    I was looking at QA1, but couldn't find a small bodied shock that had hardware for a 2.25 spring and nothing in the lengths I needed.
    Looking at using AVO shocks in the UK
    You’ll have a problem there. They have gone out of business.

GAZ should have an equivalent. You will have to wait, as they don’t hold stock, but do make them in a nice black plating.

Any issues, send me a pm. I’m the ex AVO distributor here in Oz.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 10

Default ANZE Suspension -Shock Solution

Cost effective best bang for the Buck - Penske 7500 Single - with the one piece body - I have built many for the 79-80 Van Diemen. Also ....... any chassis "Name It" ..... in the Club Ford Relms. Email Sales@anzesuspension.com. Call 561-203-7571.

We would be happy to help you with all of your shock absorber needs.

Angelo

Attached Images Attached Images

13. The following 4 users liked this post:

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsy SR 6 View Post
    Glenn

Best
    Tom
    Yup, Mike is great. He rebuilt QA1's for me. Resonable price, and easy to work with.

Steve
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Thread Information