Thread: Royale wheels

Liked: 4

Default Royale wheels

Looking for a set of wheels for a Royale RP42 sports 2000. Anyone??

Thanks!

Liked: 1

Default Royale s2000 Wheels

Sorry, I cant help with a set of wheels for you, but own a Royale S2000M, a very similar chassis to yours but with a front radiator. When i was looking for wheels i had a very hard time, the center hole on my wheels is larger than most other cars. I was able to purchase a few sets of Compomotive Turbo wheels and machine the center diameter on a lathe and open up the pin drive holes on a mill. I only ever found a couple wheel centers that had the correct mounting dimensions for the Royale. Note not all Compomotive Turbo centers are the same, some have a thicker mounting area that will affect the backspacing, brake clearance and what dimension of wheel halves that you need. Good luck, happy to share any other Royale S2000 info i have learned over the past several years, there are not many of them around.

Quote Originally Posted by rwoelfle View Post
    Sorry, I cant help with a set of wheels for you, but own a Royale S2000M, a very similar chassis to yours but with a front radiator. When i was looking for wheels i had a very hard time, the center hole on my wheels is larger than most other cars. I was able to purchase a few sets of Compomotive Turbo wheels and machine the center diameter on a lathe and open up the pin drive holes on a mill. I only ever found a couple wheel centers that had the correct mounting dimensions for the Royale. Note not all Compomotive Turbo centers are the same, some have a thicker mounting area that will affect the backspacing, brake clearance and what dimension of wheel halves that you need. Good luck, happy to share any other Royale S2000 info i have learned over the past several years, there are not many of them around.
    Thanks for the reply. I only got one set of Compomotives with the car. Looking for another set for rains. Would love any info you have on set up, ride heights, spring rates, etc.. Also any mods made to improve handling. Any advice on a set of belts to fit the Royale??

Appreciated,
    Eddie

Liked: 139

Default What fits?

Some basic dimensions might help widen your search.

Quote Originally Posted by pcarnut View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I only got one set of Compomotives with the car. Looking for another set for rains. Would love any info you have on set up, ride heights, spring rates, etc.. Also any mods made to improve handling. Any advice on a set of belts to fit the Royale??

Appreciated,
    Eddie

Hi Eddie, agree with what JLeonard said. I assume you are looking for 13x6 fronts and 13x8 rears with a 3.75 x 4 pin pattern. As I understand it these cars came with center locks (single center nut) and a normal 4 bolt pattern, what do you have? My car has a 2.5 inch center hole which makes finding wheels more difficult, you should confirm what your center hole diameter is as well as the pin or lug stud diameter, that will help people let you know if the wheels they may have for sale will work for you. As i said i was able to machine my center to work. I am happy to open a dialog about our cars, email me direct at rewoelfle@gmail.com
    Cheers
    Rob

Default Royale RP42 parts

Quote Originally Posted by rwoelfle View Post
    Hi Eddie, agree with what JLeonard said. I assume you are looking for 13x6 fronts and 13x8 rears with a 3.75 x 4 pin pattern. As I understand it these cars came with center locks (single center nut) and a normal 4 bolt pattern, what do you have? My car has a 2.5 inch center hole which makes finding wheels more difficult, you should confirm what your center hole diameter is as well as the pin or lug stud diameter, that will help people let you know if the wheels they may have for sale will work for you. As i said i was able to machine my center to work. I am happy to open a dialog about our cars, email me direct at rewoelfle@gmail.com
    Cheers
    Rob
    The wheels I am looking for are:

Fronts- 13x6"
    4 drive pins 5/8" diameter 3 3/4" bolt circle
    2.5" center hole
    3" backspace

Rears- 13x8"
    4 drive pins 5/8" diameter 3 3/4" bolt circle
    2.5" center hole
    4 1/2" backspace

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Last edited by pcarnut; 01.26.24 at 7:54 PM. Reason: changes

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 9

[QUOTE=pcarnut;661297]Thanks for the reply. I only got one set of Compomotives with the car. Looking for another set for rains. Would love any info you have on set up, ride heights, spring rates, etc.. Also any mods made to improve handling. Any advice on a set of belts to fit the Royale??

Appreciated,
    Eddie[/QUOTE

here is a mail from Alan Cornock about set up , hope that help you

Hi Alain,We did not issue a manual for the Sports 2000 as we did for the RP26.
    However the basic original set up details are as follows.

Ride Height : Front 2” Rear 2.5”
    Camber : Front ¼ degree neg Rear ½ degree neg
    Toe In : Front 20mins overall Rear 30mins overall.
    Springs : Front 325-350 lb x 7” long Rear 350-400 ib x 7” long.
    Bars : Front 2.5 “ Rear 3”
    Tyre Pressure ( cold ) Front 16psi Rear 18psi
    Dampers Bilstein Front 180/50 Rear 205/70
    Aero : Front Splitter 2” Rear Trim tab 1”
    Note it is recommended that the nose frame is set ¾” higher than the monoque lower edge.

Hi Alain,
    Original notes show the following master cylinder information.

Clutch : 5/8 Bore
    Brakes : 5/8 Bore Front , .7 Bore Rear : When using original brake callipers all round.
    Brakes : .750 Bore Front , .7 Bore Rear : When using uprated “ Metro “ 4 pot callipers on Front.

Hope this information is of use.
    Best Regards
    Alan Cornock

[QUOTE=bidochon;661389]
    Quote Originally Posted by pcarnut View Post

Appreciated,
    Eddie[/QUOTE

here is a mail from Alan Cornock about set up , hope that help you

Hi Alain,We did not issue a manual for the Sports 2000 as we did for the RP26.
    However the basic original set up details are as follows.

Ride Height : Front 2” Rear 2.5”
    Camber : Front ¼ degree neg Rear ½ degree neg
    Toe In : Front 20mins overall Rear 30mins overall.
    Springs : Front 325-350 lb x 7” long Rear 350-400 ib x 7” long.
    Bars : Front 2.5 “ Rear 3”
    Tyre Pressure ( cold ) Front 16psi Rear 18psi
    Dampers Bilstein Front 180/50 Rear 205/70
    Aero : Front Splitter 2” Rear Trim tab 1”
    Note it is recommended that the nose frame is set ¾” higher than the monoque lower edge.

Hi Alain,
    Original notes show the following master cylinder information.

Clutch : 5/8 Bore
    Brakes : 5/8 Bore Front , .7 Bore Rear : When using original brake callipers all round.
    Brakes : .750 Bore Front , .7 Bore Rear : When using uprated “ Metro “ 4 pot callipers on Front.

Hope this information is of use.
    Best Regards
    Alan Cornock

This matches the information I have that was supplied with my car when it was new.
    In practice i have found it to be a bit different and a lot of that will be down to what tires you use. In the US i am using Hoosier R35 compound tires. I run my ride height about an 1/2 inch higher at most midwest tracks and much higher at the Milwaukee Mile as the transitions are steep there. I have found the Hoosier wants a bit more camber than quoted and i prefer 1 mm of front toe out and the rear as specified. Tire pressures here are a bit high as well. Always set my camber and tire pressure using hot tire temperatures. Spring rates and sway bars are about correct, sway bars will be more track based and personal preference. On slower tighter tracks i use more front splitter, less at faster longer tracks were drag is more of an issue. Rear trim tab is usually kept at about 1 inch. Overall this will get you pretty close. I have found my car to handle very neutral, it takes a while to get heat in the front tires, but the R35 compound helps with this, the R60 compound took a lot longer, but no doubt will last longer. The R20 compound is just to soft, even on a cold day they turn to goo after 5 or 6 laps. Have used the Avon and the Hoosiers, both good tires, but easier to get Hoosiers here and they are a slight bit quicker, but only good for about 12 heat cycles. Good luck, attach pictures of the car please.

Default Royale S 2000

some pictures of alloy monocoque rebuilding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z6.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	110376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	110374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z11.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	110377  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z31.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	110378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z38.jpg 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	110379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z53.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	110380  

Name:	Z82.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	110381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z83.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	110382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	110375  

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Default more pictures

More pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H99.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	110397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H15.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	110396   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H22.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	110395  

Name:	H39.jpg 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	110394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H41.jpg 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	110393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H81.jpg 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	110392  

Name:	H98.jpg 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	110391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L.jpg 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	110390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	110389  

Name:	H88.jpg 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	110388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H54.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	110387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H46.jpg 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	110386  

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	110383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	110384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	110385  

14. The following 5 users liked this post:

Default Re: Royale wheels

Quote Originally Posted by bidochon View Post
    More pictures
    That looks great! A true work of art! Where did you find the new bodywork? Much thanks for the pics.

Default bodywork

in UK , bought new from old S 2000 owner , may be always possible to have with Alan Cornock : alan.cornock@btinternet.com

Default Royale

Beautiful work Alain! I have seen some of those pics on Facebook i believe, but thanks for putting them all here. Really like some of the changes on your car and good for ideas for me as i keep mine on track. Wish i had the skills to build a new tub like you did!

Default Royale wheels

thank a lot , at time I'm on rebuilt a Ralt RT1

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information