Liked: 83

Default Bruce Foss to the Hall of Fame.

Today kicks off the annual SCCA Convention, it is now after the pandemic a virtual convention. Please go to the SCCA web site and register look at the schedule and sign up for sessions you are interested in.

Since 2004, the SCCA Hall of Fame has served to preserve, protect, and record the history and accomplishments of the Club for current and future members, by recognizing those members who have had a significant impact on the Club and the sport. This may be through service to the National organization, achievements in competition, advancement of the sport, or bringing recognition to the SCCA that inspires enthusiasts to seek out and become Members of the SCCA. Immediately following the Hall of Fame ceremony, we'll present two Club awards: the Member of Excellence award goes to a Member selected by the SCCA Board of Directors who provides a great contribution to the Club overall regardless of competition area throughout the previous year, and the Woolf Barnato award - SCCA’s highest award - presented to the Member who has made the most outstanding long-term contribution. Winners are nominated by the last three recipients and approved by the Board of Directors.

One of the inductees to the Hall Of Fame this year is Bruce Foss. Please be there to help him celebrate.

Liked: 3787

Super choice for the Hall of Fame! He has done so much in so many ways to help sports car racing, yet the average racer may not know of him.
    I had the pleasure of getting to know him during my years with the F2000 Championship Series. I know of a few times he directly helped me.

3. The following 3 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Bruce Foss

BRAVO, such a great guy, good friend, huge supporter of all racers everywhere, a perfect addition....
    I miss my regular interactions with Bruce for years as he was instrumental in helping us get FRP up and running......

5. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 13

Gosh, there's a name from the past. I haven't dealt with Bruce in many years but I can recall when I was racing my GP Spridget in the early 80's and Hoosier (and Bruce) were just getting established in SCCA racing. Bruce would be up and down the pit lane at Mid-Ohio, taking his customers' tire temps as we came off track, then roaming the paddock just to check in and see how we and his products were doing.

I have to think that without Bruce, the current tire situation in both SCCA and in vintage would be very different.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Could not be a more deserving individual for all Bruce has done for SCCA over many many years

Thread Information