Liked: 14

Default MK9 Rear cover needed

Hi, THANKS FOR THE REPLIES, I FOUND ONE
    I'm looking for a MK9 rear cover, The one I have isn't drilled for the reverse plunger. If anyone wants it, it will be available if I find the one I need.
    Thanks,
    Sam.
    Last edited by ryanracing; 02.04.24 at 11:25 AM.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Quote Originally Posted by ryanracing View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a MK9 rear cover, The one I have isn't drilled for the reverse plunger. If anyone wants it, it will be available if I find the one I need.
    Thanks,
    Sam.
    I have a webster one but I am not sure what you mean by reverse plunger? (my ignorance). $100 plus shipping.

Email me for pictures and I will send tonight.

ThanksCj
    920-904-6099
    ctjahn@courtneyjahn.com

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Mk9 rear cover

I have one if you haven't found one - it has one repairable crack and a welded on wing mount. Includes the reverse plunger.

PM sent.

Jay Messenger
    RaceDog
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger Racing View Post
    I have one if you haven't found one - it has one repairable crack and a welded on wing mount. Includes the reverse plunger.

PM sent.

Jay Messenger
    RaceDog
    Thanks Jay! Can you send me pics? Email or txt. 920-904-6099; ctjahn@courtneyjahn.com

Liked: 58

Default Hewland Mk9 "reverse plunger"

Quote Originally Posted by cjahn View Post
    I have a webster one but I am not sure what you mean by reverse plunger? (my ignorance). $100 plus shipping.

Email me for pictures and I will send tonight.

ThanksCj
    920-904-6099
    ctjahn@courtneyjahn.com
    Courtney --

The "reverse plunger" is the spring-loaded device that requires the driver to exert extra gear-lever force to get into the "reverse gate" in a 4 speed box ("1st & reverse gate" for a 5 speed box). The reverse plunger is on the under-side of the rear cover in a FF-like installation.

PS- the spring in the plunger can have an altered length and rate to "tune" the shift lever force to a driver's preference!

Lee

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Johnson View Post
    Courtney --

The "reverse plunger" is the spring-loaded device that requires the driver to exert extra gear-lever force to get into the "reverse gate" in a 4 speed box ("1st & reverse gate" for a 5 speed box). The reverse plunger is on the under-side of the rear cover in a FF-like installation.

PS- the spring in the plunger can have an altered length and rate to "tune" the shift lever force to a driver's preference!

Lee
    Thanks Lee, I guess I never had a car without one! I just thought it was standard!

Liked: 58

Default I am surprised, too

Quote Originally Posted by cjahn View Post
    Thanks Lee, I guess I never had a car without one! I just thought it was standard!
    All the Hewlands I've seen had a reverse plunger ("lock-out", as some call it). I never paid close attention to how air-cooled Super Vee tranny rear covers were made (I recall those Hewlands mounted "upside-down" to mate up with the VW engine case, so maybe the tranny rear cover was significantly different? )

Liked: 14

Default THANKS, I found one

Thanks

Default Webster Rear Cover

Quote Originally Posted by ryanracing View Post
    Thanks
    If anyone is still looking for a rear cover I still have a spare webster I am willing to sell.

Thread Information