Thread: CDS Battery

Contributing Member
    Liked: 148

Default CDS Battery

Anyone remember what Battery size the Old CDS Commander 2 memory card used? Just need spare one in the trailer and
    not near the car to check.
    Thanks

Liked: 139

The back of my Seiko Epson card says CR2025. The OEM CDS card looks to be sealed.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Quote Originally Posted by J Leonard View Post
    The back of my Seiko Epson card says CR2025. The OEM CDS card looks to be sealed.
    Some are and some are not. I have both.
    Incidentally I have some commander 2 32 channel boxes, and one or two 16 channel boxes that I'd like to see go to a good home. They work fine I have just lost the ability to use the pcmcia cards (my laptop hard drives died and spending more money to resurrect them to use an ancient system is just too much). I still run the commander 3 SSI systems so I still use them but if anyone needs sensors also I may have some I can part with. Even a GPS module possibly. PM me if there is any interest.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 148

Thank you for info. CDS is working fine but always worried that the memory card or my dedicated computer will die!!

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 388

Quote Originally Posted by veeten View Post
    Thank you for info. CDS is working fine but always worried that the memory card or my dedicated computer will die!!

I've had good luck with aftermarket SRAM cards. They are still available if you search. The important thing is they are available in two types - with or without dedicated attribute memory. CDS used the versions with the attribute memory. I assume it's were the setup file was stored. I was told it was 2k, but now I see cards with 4k, 8k, and up to 16k attribute memory. I would assume the higher amounts would work, but I can't confirm.

Liked: 139

I have a couple Motion Computing LE1600 that I used for the CDS that has the right card slot. Might be one that works on Ebay. Mine came from some medical operation. Like 10r says if anyone needs help keeping their old card system working reach out on APEX. I even have one of their telemetry systems but never upgraded my software to run it.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Quote Originally Posted by J Leonard View Post
    I have a couple Motion Computing LE1600 that I used for the CDS that has the right card slot. Might be one that works on Ebay. Mine came from some medical operation. Like 10r says if anyone needs help keeping their old card system working reach out on APEX. I even have one of their telemetry systems but never upgraded my software to run it.
    I have a telemetry system too. Didn't know it needed an upgraded system to run it. I figured it was just a wireless connection between the PC and commander box. But I do have 4 meg cards and spare batteries for them I'll sell for cheap. Just don't have a running PC/hard drive to access the pcmcia card

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Quote Originally Posted by 10rmotor View Post
    ... Just don't have a running PC/hard drive to access the pcmcia card
    If anyone is looking to resuscitate your CDS system, I've got a couple of working Thinkpads with dual PCMCIA slots. These where business computers that include docking stations and extra power bricks. PM me if interested.

Steve

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information