Thread: Jennerjahn

Liked: 977

Default Jennerjahn

Prayers for the Jennerjahn’s would be in order. Their business is reported to have caught fire this evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0077.jpeg 
Views:	211 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	109714  

Liked: 1108

Thanks John, I hate hearing this…

Got to know Adam a little at the Runoffs, really nice guy and presume they all are.

Hope they get lucky.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 113

That is not good news. I hope everyone is alright and there is not too much damage. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Jennerjahn family. Hopefully it didn't affect any of their racing equipment

Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 830

I found a 'report' of sorts on FB.

Looks like the damage was minimal but there are no real details. The pix are from the local volunteer FD and are more focused on the firemen than the fire. It's hard to tell which are directly related to the fire and which ones are just 'practice fires' for the FD. My son serves on our local VFD - I almost recognize the firemen there in the pix.
    Best wishes for Chris, his family and their employees.

https://www.facebook.com/GastonFireEms/
    Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

This is a message from a friend that lives in the same town. She said the fire truck was there at 5:30 am when she went to work:

No not really other than it’s a total loss. Drove by it this morning and it was still smoking. This afternoon went by it and it’s just basically a shell of a building now.

She went on to say:

Yes it looked like most of the damage was up front in the office area maybe. Hard to tell as all the windows are busted out and all the overhead doors to the dock area had black smoke residue on the outside. I don’t think there was any area not affected by it. I’ve never seen so many fire dept involved for one fire. I believe 7 or 8 departments . She added it looked like they were building onto the facility.

very sad.

Liked: 46

Default Jennerjahn

I am not much of a social media guy, but I have been touched by the amount of support and contact I have received from the SCCA community over the last 24 hours. So, I thought I should comment.

Matthews (where Jennerjahn Machine is located) is a small town of about 700 people. It is surrounded by a bunch of other small towns.

11 different volunteer fire departments responded last night. Each supplied about 15 fireman. The response was amazing and overwhelming. It is just incredible to see so many people come out to support each other in such a meaningful way.

Still, our company of about 55 employees, lost our machine shop, our inventory, and the offices for our Engineering, Service, IT, Sales and Administration departments. Luckily, our assembly department only suffered soot and smoke damage.

Most importantly, no employees were in the building. There were no injuries to them or any fireman.

We are able to meet with our insurance company today and the meeting was comforting.

With the incredible support of the Matthews community and our wonderful employees, I am confident we will be just fine.

Kristie, Adam and I appreciate all the prayers and texts. The SCCA community is awesome!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Liked: 46

Thank you John.

I don’t think we’ve met Chris, but our best friends have run tool-and-die shops for forty years, and with similar employee numbers. So this hits home a bit, regardless of it not being their fire.

Your post defines Grace, and is really impressive, especially in being this soon.

I’m with John on helping somehow, and I’d bet a ton of us here also would. I’d encourage you to take it, however it comes, if nothing else it can be a motivating resource to keep going.

At a time of challenge in seeing the good sometimes, in everyday life even, my hope is you all emerge with an enhanced sense that we still live in a damned great country.

So far as the people in racing, as you already know, the community defines “lives well-lived” like nothing else I’ve found. Nothing touches it.

Adam’s a great kid, and hope he’s well.

All the Best in rebuilding fresh, and with some luck, refreshed.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 388

Chris,

I'm really sorry this happened. Hopefully you'll be able to build back stronger.

Let me know if there's anything my dad or I can do. Happy to help if we can.

Michael

Contributing Member
    Liked: 479

I found this while researching an old Apex Speed Post.

Seems like you cannot keep a good company down.

https://www.jennerjahn.com/blog/jenn...able-progress/

ChrisZ

16. The following 4 users liked this post:

Awesome.

And Thanks for letting us know.

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information