Liked: 51

Default March 75-76B Front and Rear Axles by Fast Forward

New set of March 75-76B front and rear axles designed by Doug Learnerd at Fast Forward. These may be compatible with other cars in this age group that used the same uprights. Asking $850.00 Contact Mark on this site if you have any Q's or would like to make an offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mjaremko; 03.31.24 at 2:03 PM. Reason: lower price

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 902

Quote Originally Posted by mjaremko View Post
    New set of March 75-76B front and rear axles designed by Doug Learnerd at Fast Forward. These may be compatible with other cars in this age group that used the same uprights. Asking $1500.00. Contact Mark on this site if you have any Q's or would like to make an offer.
    Those sure look like the axles from my 78B......

bt

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    Those sure look like the axles from my 78B......

bt
    Yes, thanks....probably quite a few different cars they would fit, not sure though on my end which ones that would be..

let's add March 78B :-)

Liked: 1110

You guys both having “had” the coolest cars in Atlantic history just makes my head hurt. ;-)

Bill, which 78B?

So, when either of you arrive at the Pearly Gates, and are told, “Since you’re 104, you can either having a flying hour in your March at your peak, or an hour with Margo Robbie when you were inexperienced.”

You: “Wait, What? I was told this was Heaven.”
    Last edited by E1pix; 12.06.23 at 3:19 AM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 902

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    You guys both having “had” the coolest cars in Atlantic history just makes my head hurt. ;-)

Bill, which 78B?

So, when either of you arrive at the Pearly Gates, and are told, “Since you’re 104, you can either having a flying hour in your March at your peak, or an hour with Margo Robbie when you were inexperienced.”

You: “Wait, What? I was told this was Heaven.”

Hehehehe....

In a pique of mechanical frustration many years ago, I lost my mind and sold my DB1 - I was going to quit the whole racing thing as I had become incredibly frustrated. Selling the DB1 was too easy, leaving Nationals seemed easy, and I got to selling the truck and trailer but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

One month later.....

I find the 78B locally. It is all together but completely shagged (and frankly, poorly put together at that). Well, I've got the truck and trailer, so maybe I try vintage racing. The car had an interesting history, starting off as Bill Bracks's spare car (STP livery) and seeing a little rental action via Jacques (the uncle) Villeneuve. A few years later it was transformed into the Photon U2L car by none other than Jeremy Hill. See http://www.racingsportscars.com/type...hoton/JH2.html

In my view, the Photon was gorgeous, quick with that Hart 420 and pretty darned successful.

Where the car went after that was a bit of a mystery, but somewhere along the way it was converted back to FA. I did a complete restoration on the car, and it turned out pretty well. Some vintage racing ensued and it was a riot to drive (huge tires and brakes, and a wing!). But I found myself overly worried about balling it up - I never really felt that I could really have a go at it as I couldn't afford to fix a good shunt. So after much soul searching, it went back to the UK where it was converted to F2 guise and I understand has been well run in that form.

cheers,
    bt

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thanks for the info Bill, very cool.

I saw Brack run either this or the primary car at Road America’s first-ever Atlantic race in ‘78, and in Photon guise later. Jeremy raced it “against” a great friend in Can-Am in the early ‘80s, meaning my friend’s car was the only 5-liter Chevron, and is still owned by another mutual friend.

The three of us discussed this at a “DSR Party” at the Runoffs once, with E.B. “Ebby” Lunken… a very cool reunion of those three drivers.

Thanks.

Sorry for diverting your thread, Mark.

Or, if I’m bumping it, 25% of Sale should be fine. ;-)

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Default March Axles

No prob Eric!!

Have been lucky enough to already live in Racecar Heaven..............
    Last edited by mjaremko; 12.11.23 at 2:37 PM.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

She has all the tools needed for both. :-)

Default New price

$950.00 including shipping in lower 48.....or offer
    Last edited by mjaremko; 02.12.24 at 3:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjaremko View Post
    $950.00 including shipping in lower 48.....or offer
    Okay, lowering price to $850.00. Less than I paid for them through Fast Forward.....

Thread Information