Liked: 95

Default SCCA ID question

My car has no log book. The roll hoop has been replaced so no stamped ID #'s on the new one. It does have this SCCA sticker inside. Anyway to find out what, where and when so to speak? Would it help me to obtain any logbooks or records? I do know it was raced in the 86 Bosch pro series by Johhny Oconnell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

The pro series didn't always use logbooks.

The SCCA doesn't keep copies of stuff like logbooks - they don't even keep track of the cars. The sticker is the SCCA FSV registration. If it had raced in the USAC sanctioned series there would have been a blue and yellow "USAC registered car" sticker.

Its an SA-6 right? There were so few of those I wouldn't think it would be hard to track down the guys that drove it in period.

When you get a vintage logbook for it they'll likely just use the tub serno, but some clubs might drill and stamp the rollbar with their own number.

Liked: 1108

I know we’ve threatened to Jim, but we really should talk about a Registry this off-season.

OldRacingCars would sure like to know, too, as they expand further into S/V.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Show up at a SCCA event and tell them you have a car that never raced at an SCCA event and start the process like anyone else with a new car. If you don't want to race that SCCA event, make an appointment with a SCCA tech inspector. Perhaps you pay for his fuel and he will come and see you. Many prep shops have employees that are SCCA tech people. Like any activity requiring human interaction, there is a full range of personality involved and you can meet the good, bad, and ugly. I would check around and find a nice enthused person who will be looking for ways to work with you rather than against you. If your car has any "problem areas" be prepared with a story why that is not a problem. Fortunately, with homologation papers no longer required, the process today is usually no big deal. If you find the right tech guy and your car is fundamentally safe, you should be good!
    Last edited by problemchild; 12.02.23 at 11:07 AM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

Why in the world would you race a FSV in SCCA today?

Thanks guys. I do know the cars history pretty well. I guess what I was looking for was if I could obtain anymore historical information from scca through this number. CSRG will issue me a new log book so that’s not a problem. I do have the original scca certificate of approval also. I want to be as knowledgeable as possible and continue to search and learn.

9. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thanks Rick for explaining what the sticker is.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 479

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    I know we’ve threatened to Jim, but we really should talk about a Registry this off-season.

OldRacingCars would sure like to know, too, as they expand further into S/V.
    The SCCA has been kicking the idea of a digital log book for the last few years. If they go that way it would be great if you could backfill information to have a complete history of cars…..

ChrisZ

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Quote Originally Posted by FVRacer21 View Post
    The SCCA has been kicking the idea of a digital log book for the last few years. If they go that way it would be great if you could backfill information to have a complete history of cars…..

ChrisZ

A lot would depend on the state of individual Regions' recordkeeping.

The only record of logbook issuance is with the issuing Region. The National Office has no record. Over a span of decades, with changes in local Tech leadership every few years, and with a number of Regions no longer being racing Regions, I fear that many older logbook records have disappeared.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 1108

Quote Originally Posted by FVRacer21 View Post

ChrisZ
    I hope so Chris, I’d be all-in on helping that cause it it happens.

Thank You.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Default rain light

make sure you have the FIA 2019 approved rain light!!!

Liked: 139

Also video cam, AIM solo mount and FT200.

Or just run CSRG and SVRA and dispense with all that.

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information