Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 56

For Sale FS 1968 Chevron B10 F2.2 Formula B / Formula 2 for sale

History

This is one of only two Chevron B10s in existence. The F2.1 car was last known to be in Italy under restoration. The Chevron B10 is one of the classic formula car designs from the iconic 1960’s period of F1 and F2 racing, It was first raced by Derek Bennett, the founder of the Chevron company, and designer of the highly successful Chevron racing cars to come. This B10, chassis number F2.2, won 12 Formula Libre races in between 1969-70, running both the FVA and Ford twin cam. It can qualify to run historic F2, U.S. Formula B, and of course Formula Libre.

This car was completed in July 1968 and raced by Derek Bennett before being sold to Mike MacDowel and Bob Jennings in August 1968. They sold the Chevron to Graham Eden who returned the car to FVA specification. It was upgraded to B17 specification in 1970, and at the end of that season passed to Bill Creasey, and then on to Bob Ellice for the 1971 season. Ellice ran it in the new Formula Atlantic series with a twin-cam engine, entered by John Deuxberry. The car then made its way to the US and raced in FB by Mike Hickey (Portland, OR) from May 1972. To Richard Shepard (San Francisco, CA) January 1974 and converted to FC with an 1100cc Holbay-Cosworth engine. Later, it sold to Monte Shelton (Portland, OR), then from Shelton to Tom Black (Portland, OR) who acquired a new body and other parts from Ed Swart (all this around 1990). Black sold it all to Gerry Kingen (Seattle, WA) in 1991. F2.2 was restored for Kingen by Mike Gent and used for display purposes only. Sold by him to Ernie Spada Jr (Lake Oswego, OR) some time in the mid to late 1990s and restored again by Gent to running Formula B specification. Jim Catchot (Rancho Murieta, CA) acquired the car in January 2014. Jim raced at HMSA Laguna Seca March 2015. I bought the Chevron in December 2020. The car has granted Gold Medallion RestorationStatus with SVRA, and raced with SVRA at Sonoma (1st Place), Weathertech Laguna Seca (1st Place) and COTA (1st place). It ran with CVAR in Texas at the COTA River City Road (2nd Place). It has also been accepted to compete with the Masters Historics Association in both US and International events.

Driven by: Derek Bennett, Bob Jennings, Mike MacDowel, Graham Eden, Graham McRae, Bill Creasey, Bob Ellice, Jim Catchot and Glenn Bilawsky.

Description

Restoration by Tony Nicholson at Robin Automotive. Currently maintained by Crosslink/Kiwi Motorsports. The car has been extensively serviced, including crack-checking. All new: Hubs, bearings, brakes, clutch assembly, half-shafts, gear sets, springs, and Koni double-adjustable shocks set-up by PSI. Lowtime, 185 hp Ivey twin cam engine built for torque (dyno chart available). Hewland Mk.9 5 speed transaxle. The Chevron comes with 2 sets of Chevron wheels and a number of usable spares. The car is aligned and fully-prepped. It is currently set- up for a 6 foot, 165 lb. driver, but is very accommodating of both larger and smaller drivers.
    If you are currently racing in Formula Ford, this car is the classic “next rung” on the formula car ladder. F2 was the breeding ground for the greats of this time, Hunt, Lauda, Stewart, Rindt, Rodriguez, Siffert, Courage, Cevert, Ickx, Clark, Regazzoni, Redman, and many more. F2 and FB grids were the places to be for young racers in the late 1960’s. This is one of those cars, and the one first raced by the man who built the Chevron company and the car. This is a collectible car that should continue to be raced, as Bennett intended.

Asking price: $55,000 USD. I will also pay the shipping cost by enclosed transport to any USA location for a full price offer.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 8 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

Oh My God, that is so stunningly beautiful.

What a great history, too! Goodonya for the diligence.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

This is a nice little B car. We looked after it for a few races at Vegher’s before Jim Catchot sold it. I drove it at Laguna in May of 2018 and it was bullet fast. Ran in the low 29’s and the Chevron was the class of a 20+ car FB field. Nicely priced for a solid car.
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

5. The following 7 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

What a beautiful Car!!!!!

Liked: 6

Default Interested in a trade?

I have a 65 Corvette roadster I am interested in trading. Contact me privately for details.
    Last edited by fzfpxm40; 11.17.23 at 3:47 PM.

Thanks much for presenting the trade opportunity, but my goal is to reduce the number of cars (both track and street) that I own, so Unfortunately, I'll have to take a pass on the potential trade.

With my best,

Glenn

Default Thought it couldn't look any better?... Pics in full F2 trim

Here it is with the F2 wings and slicks....

10. The following 5 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 131

Looks absolutely brilliant in F2 spec!
    GLWS
    Stephen Adams
    RF92 Van Diemen FFord
    1980 Lola T540 FFord

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks for all of the compliments, folks! Even your competitors will have a great view!

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 5

Default FB Continental Championship

This car is eligible to run in the FB Continental Championship series. In 2023, the series had 33 FB's run (total) at Road America, COTA, Sonoma, Laguna Seca and Indy. These FB cars are fun to run and they are getting bigger grids in the past few years.

Note to whoever buys this car: please message me so we can add you to our FB mailing list. We have ~80 car owners/drivers and shops on the list. We hope to see the car running in the FB series in 2024.

Darrell

Liked: 64

I’ll state the obvious again, what a GORGEOUS piece of rolling/racing artwork. You don’t happen to need a kidney or any other redundant organ I might be able to offer in trade. You mentioned no other cars, so I thought I’d ask. GLWS
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

17. The following 3 users liked this post:

Default Sold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lipperini Jr View Post
    I’ll state the obvious again, what a GORGEOUS piece of rolling/racing artwork. You don’t happen to need a kidney or any other redundant organ I might be able to offer in trade. You mentioned no other cars, so I thought I’d ask. GLWS
    Thanks again, ApexSpeed!!!

The Chevron B10 has a new home and a new owner...Ric Baribeault will be campaigning the car in 2024. I am so pleased to have sold it o someone who has a passion for the marque and a deep commitment to maintaining the car.
    My best wishes to all for the Holiday Season!

Glenn

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

I received the car today. It was delivered perfectly, as promised, and is undoubtedly the most pristine, race ready, car I have ever bought. The perfect car to finish out my racing career with. Thank you Glenn.

20. The following 10 users liked this post:

Liked: 1112

Quote Originally Posted by ric baribeault View Post
    I received the car today. It was delivered perfectly, as promised, and is undoubtedly the most pristine, race ready, car I have ever bought. The perfect car to finish out my racing career with. Thank you Glenn.
    Looking forward to the sound of your car as you blow by me.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Looking forward to the sound of your car as you blow by me.
    Attessa in February. Looking forward to seeing the AZ crew

Liked: 1108

What an amazing Christmas present.

Congratulations, Ric!
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by gbilawsky View Post
    Thanks again, ApexSpeed!!!

The Chevron B10 has a new home and a new owner...Ric Baribeault will be campaigning the car in 2024. I am so pleased to have sold it o someone who has a passion for the marque and a deep commitment to maintaining the car.
    My best wishes to all for the Holiday Season!

Glenn
    You should throw me a bone.

I talked him into buying it.

lol !
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

25. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 295

Lovely car!

Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
    Lovely car!
    essentially perfect

Liked: 71

Ric, I am envious. That is a beautiful car. I would probably put that in the middle of my living room.

Liked: 120

Default Chevron

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    Ric, I am envious. That is a beautiful car. I would probably put that in the middle of my living room.
    You could stand all day looking at that car.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 131

The various pictures of this car are borderline elder abuse
    Stephen Adams
    RF92 Van Diemen FFord
    1980 Lola T540 FFord

31. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    it is a work of art

Thread Information