Thread: Survey

Liked: 977

Default Survey

There is a survey that has been sent out to recent SCCA FC participants to gauge their interest in various races on the 2024 Majors/Hoosier Super Tour calendar. The idea is to cluster entries at several races to improve the gird numbers. By doing this we will also look for the improved FA/FC run group. Please take the time to respond IF you will make the effort to attend these races.

The survey went out to FC competitors in all geographic locations although the targeted races are all east of the Mississippi. The west coast is fortunate to have Peter West running a program which essentially does the same thing.

In the future we also want to further investigate running coordinated races with FRP; the timing and scheduling unfortunately did not work out for this in 2024.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Umm...It didn't include Sebring and Homestead?
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 89

I can see SCCA not wanting to do extra paperwork, no one wants to do more paperwork.

https://www.scca.com/downloads/70034-rm-23-13-runoffs-pro-path/download.

Perhaps SCCA could have allowed individuals to submit FRP race results?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    Umm...It didn't include Sebring and Homestead?
    Bob - There isn't any wiggle room in those schedules due to the lack of daylight hours. Road Atlanta is also a problem due to the Sunday quiet time. A few of these fit better than others but we tossed all of the reasonable ones on the table for consideration.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 799

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post

...By doing this we will also look for the improved FA/FC run group. .
    curious what that means? thx

Liked: 702

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post

In the future we also want to further investigate running coordinated races with FRP; the timing and scheduling unfortunately did not work out for this in 2024.
    At the same time as eliminating it as a path to the Runoffs?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    curious what that means? thx
    It means that we would aim at splitting up the wings and things run group as was done last year at the VIR Hoosier Super Tour and June Sprints.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    At the same time as eliminating it as a path to the Runoffs?
    Yes. That was not an easy decision and was driven by available resources, however if we can pull this off it would resolve that concern.

Liked: 388

Quote Originally Posted by Agamble5 View Post
    I can see SCCA not wanting to do extra paperwork, no one wants to do more paperwork.

https://www.scca.com/downloads/70034-rm-23-13-runoffs-pro-path/download.

Perhaps SCCA could have allowed individuals to submit FRP race results?

The logistics of this path / option are larger then it appears. I believe someone at national has to setup a webstore to allow those utilizing the pro path to purchase individual entries to cover the SCCA events they did not participate in. That money then needs to be distributed to the appropriate region. Additionally, a common entry fee had to be established which I assume took some negotiating with the individual regions.

I've used this path the last 2 years so I'm sad to see it go, but if what they say is true that only 5 people have used it, I understand the desire to eliminate it for now.

A quick reminder asking you to respond to the survey concerning the 2024 race schedule for FC if you haven't already. If you did not receive a survey reach out to Scott Schmidt at SCCA. Thanks!

Default Survey results are in

The results of the survey are in. The four events with the highest anticipated attendance have been chosen. And there is a strong chance we get favorable run groupings at each.

Here is the schedule:
    Road Atlanta Super Tour: March 8-10
    Pittsburgh Majors: April 27-28
    Mid Ohio Super Tour: May 17-19
    June Sprints: June 21-23

If you have not finalized your plans for this year, I cannot recommend enough to try and make these races. Let’s be honest, large fields and quality track time is what we all really wanted for Christmas.

But here’s the catch. We need to make our intentions known to the club ASAP. So, please email me immediately if you plan on attending any of these events. The schedules are being finalized as we speak and a strong expected turnout will help solidify the race groupings.

jlarueATjohnblarueDOTcom

We already have a great field heading to Sebring next weekend so I see no reason why we can’t do even better at these events. Get your cars prepped, email the head honchos, and let’s get our entries climbing higher than last year’s inflation print.

See you at the track

Thread Information