Liked: 2

Default Hewland MK9 gearbox complete or parts

Hi everyone,

We had an eventful year with our 84 VanDiemen and are needing some gearbox parts or a complete gearbox. I have now learned the hard lesson of when the lock nut on the pinion gear backs itself out....

I am not looking for a new rebuilt gearbox, but one that is complete and useable. If it needs some bearings, or comes without gears, that is very doable.

Otherwise I am looking for as separate parts:

- Ring and pinion - 9:31 preferred, but will consider 10:31 for the price
    - MK9 Rear bearing carrier
    - Hewland thrust washers - or at least somewhere that may stock them, have found many stating out of stock
    - Rhino gearbox - more a want than a need

Thank you for the help. Looking forward to a great season next year after the rebuild this off season.

*Would require shipping to 98295.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 4

Default Hewland parts

I have a good used 9/31 Mk8/9 CWP. I may have other parts you need.
    Call or email:
    Donald Baggett
    678 596-9599
    dbaggett@briatlanta.com

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 4

Default Mk 9 parts in Portland. Gregmse@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimaldi View Post
    Hi everyone,

We had an eventful year with our 84 VanDiemen and are needing some gearbox parts or a complete gearbox. I have now learned the hard lesson of when the lock nut on the pinion gear backs itself out....

I am not looking for a new rebuilt gearbox, but one that is complete and useable. If it needs some bearings, or comes without gears, that is very doable.

Otherwise I am looking for as separate parts:

- Ring and pinion - 9:31 preferred, but will consider 10:31 for the price
    - MK9 Rear bearing carrier
    - Hewland thrust washers - or at least somewhere that may stock them, have found many stating out of stock
    - Rhino gearbox - more a want than a need

Thank you for the help. Looking forward to a great season next year after the rebuild this off season.

*Would require shipping to 98295.

I should have anything that you would need. Ideally we could work something out that did not require shipping.

Thanks,
    Greg Lapinski
    Motor Sports Engineering
    Portland, Oregon
    Cell:503-756-5567

Thread Information