Liked: 62

Default IRacing G25 - Ray 1600 Settings

I haven't used Iracing in a few years, but set the equipment back up in hopes of getting some laps in to decipher the first few turns at Road Atlanta before heading there next weekend with the VDCA. I know this is painfully old / low end equipment but I'm struggling to make more than a couple of laps at a time without a spin. Consistent braking is challenging at best with the rear end snapping around.

Anyone want to share their Logitech settings, particularly if they are running the F1600? I'm not planning to "race", I'm merely running Test Sessions.

Thanks!

Liked: 64

Default Need Decent Computing Hardware

Quote Originally Posted by wake74 View Post
    I haven't used Iracing in a few years, but set the equipment back up in hopes of getting some laps in to decipher the first few turns at Road Atlanta before heading there next weekend with the VDCA. I know this is painfully old / low end equipment but I'm struggling to make more than a couple of laps at a time without a spin. Consistent braking is challenging at best with the rear end snapping around.

Anyone want to share their Logitech settings, particularly if they are running the F1600? I'm not planning to "race", I'm merely running Test Sessions.

Thanks!
    This is late but I've found that iRacing doesn't like weak computers. I started with iRacing for the same reason as you and I used to be able to run Laguna Seca using my Laptop Dell i7 (no real graphics card). Now after a few updates, Laguna Seca was hard to drive because of lag. Half way through last year, I bought a Moza wheel and upgraded pedals from the Logitech, which helped but after a couple more updates my laptop was not able to keep the refresh rate so that it wouldn't impair my driving. With iRacing, you have to upgrade the software. The Moza and iRacing now sit gather dust until I buy real gaming computer with a real graphics card. I picked up time with the better controls and I don't think any particular setting on the Logitech made any impact.

Liked: 91

I had to upgrade my iracing computer after 10 years not long ago. I also upgraded my g29 to a moza r5, had to cut apart and re weld the rig I made in welding class 2011. The direct drive wheel cost came down to what I considered reasonable. Upgrading every decade is worth the cost if you find the time to use it enough.

What I will say about the Ray f1600 is, don't push it for a few laps until the tires come in and then start pushing it. You should find it is a joy to drive and likes to slide as you become comfortable with it.

Thread Information