Liked: 3

Default 2 SEAT RACE CAR / Sports Racers P1/P2/ESR?

I'm looking for a single seater track toy, but would consider 2 seaters.

What are the options out there? It seems most of them are listed in the Sports Racers P1/P2/ESR category.
    Ariel Atom, KTM X-Bow, Ginetta GTA

I'm not going to race it in a series, but just take it to open track days for fun.

Liked: 22

Quote Originally Posted by redcar9 View Post

What are the options out there? It seems most of them are listed in the Sports Racers P1/P2/ESR category.

I'm not going to race it in a series, but just take it to open track days for fun.
    You might look great in a LOLA T-70. Since they made over 150 of them, parts are easy to source. And, if you make a mistake and wreck it, it retains most of its value.

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Quote Originally Posted by johnhafkenschiel View Post
    You might look great in a LOLA T-70. Since they made over 150 of them, parts are easy to source. And, if you make a mistake and wreck it, it retains most of its value.
    I've never seen Lola T70 and Track Day used in the same sentence before.

4. The following 8 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 13

Default LolaT70

they are also a $300K car
    regards
    paul
    Paul
    Chevron B23
    Brabham BT29
    Ralt RT4
    March 761

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 66

Quote Originally Posted by redcar9 View Post

Radicals/Revolutions or a Rush SR. I would say SRF, but that's oriented towards actually doing racing.

If you want to track day something, 2-seater seems to be increasingly necessary because so many tracks and track-day orgs are stubborn about requiring ride-along instructors for first-timers (defined as "first time with us" regardless of racing license or anything else) which can make it really difficult to get the ball rolling if you aren't already in with any given org via a rental or something.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

For lower maintenance cost and robustness find something that uses as much production car pieces as possible.

I agree - 2 seater for track day stuff.

BUT an SRF is about 1/3 the cost of anything you mentioned and is a very robust car.

Thought: Buying a wild track day car (that doesn't meet some racing spec) reduces you market when you go to sell.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

Default Single seater

I have a Radical and a Rush.
    the Rush is a lot of bang for the buck and they have their own class at a bunch of NASA races.
    Paul
    Chevron B23
    Brabham BT29
    Ralt RT4
    March 761

Radicals are a popular choice for this. Single or two seats, depending on age fits a range of budgets.

Be sure to read up on what it will cost to maintain whatever car you have your sights on. An old Indy car might cost less than a new Porsche to buy, but good luck with the maintenance!

13. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 44

Our Sebeco NP01's have proven to be a very popular track day car as well as sprint and endurance race cars. We are based close to Road Atlanta and welcome anyone who would like to visit our shop and have a closer look at the cars. We have two car models - the NP01-Evo with 210hp and the 250hp SPX.

www.sebecomotorsport.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SeBeco; 11.03.23 at 4:35 PM.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 4

Default Track Day Car

Sent a PM to redcar9.

I love it! Now I just have to go all in on some poker hands and win big.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaJustice View Post
    Radicals/Revolutions or a Rush SR. I would say SRF, but that's oriented towards actually doing racing.

If you want to track day something, 2-seater seems to be increasingly necessary because so many tracks and track-day orgs are stubborn about requiring ride-along instructors for first-timers (defined as "first time with us" regardless of racing license or anything else) which can make it really difficult to get the ball rolling if you aren't already in with any given org via a rental or something.
    Interesting stuff, I didn't know about the Rush SR or the Revolutions. SRF = Spec Racer Ford? Those are only single seat right?

Yes, I'm slightly concerned about that too. I am open to racing after a few track days to get a feel for it. I agree hopefully the organizers will allow it. They do have some other open wheel single seaters out there.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    For lower maintenance cost and robustness find something that uses as much production car pieces as possible.

I agree - 2 seater for track day stuff.

BUT an SRF is about 1/3 the cost of anything you mentioned and is a very robust car.

Thought: Buying a wild track day car (that doesn't meet some racing spec) reduces you market when you go to sell.
    Thanks for that input. I agree something too custom and modified is going to have an extremely limited market.

Classifieds Super License Mesamaui's Avatar
    Liked: 29

You might want to check out my Ligier Sports Prototype the Honda K20 / Sadev power train is very reliable and cost effective

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...CA-P2-Race-Car

Maui

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 121

I have a Royale sports 2000 that could be used as a two seater. It's a single seater designed with room for a passenger. It wouldn't break your budget either. Pinto engine with a hewland mk9 gearbox. Could be a good track day car and also an actual race car if you so desire. PM me for details on cost, pics, etc.

Liked: 49

If it's in budget the Radical RXC GT3 is a hell of a car.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Liked: 384

Default race car

Please check your private messages.

thank you.
    Maris
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Thread Information