Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

Default 1975 Lola T360 formula Atlantic roller for sale

This car was originally the Penthouse sponsored car driven by Elliot Forbes Robinson in the Canadian Atlantic series in which it won two races with EFR behind the wheel .

The chassis and bodywork are in terrific shape and there is a multitude of spare parts not shown of which there are 20 additional support images.

The rear end was rebuilt by the previous owner, a former Williams F1 engineer, Walter Nelson to make engine removal and replacement easier to perform.

Asking $28,000
    Also available is the trailer in which the car and parts are currently stored in - supporting image available.
    Asking $3,000
    Andy Graham

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Beautiful car!!!

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Beautiful car!!!
    Those Lola FA and FSVs with the sports car noses were fine looking cars.
    As were the Marchs and Chevrons of that era.
    Absolutely Awesome!

For those looking for rabbit holes to fall into, look up Players Formula Atlantic on YouTube.
    Hard to believe but all those future F1 and Indycar drivers and crew spent months in rural Canada living out of vans and tents competing in perhaps the best race series ever.

Good luck with your sale.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

5. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

I agree it may have been the “best racing series ever,” and think 1975-1976 the best of all.

Here’s the rabbit holes. This first link to me is the better show, sound is terrible but you gotta get over it and very worthwhile!

1976, THE Great Year:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ncr7UrXPU

Don’t be scared, it’s not about squash, but 1975 Player’s Atlantic:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_fv8X...xhIGF0bGFudGlj

Enjoy!
    Last edited by E1pix; 11.02.23 at 10:24 AM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Yeah that video is awesome, that drive by EFR in the rain on slicks in this car was epic

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

OldRacingCars.com discusses your HU11 here and does not know its whereabouts now.

Allen Brown and Chris Townsend would certainly appreciate your updating HU11’s history here!:
    https://www.oldracingcars.com/lola/t350-t360/

Good Luck with sale. It’s a significant car, and the price seems really fair.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Yes I did reach out to Allen so he is aware of it thanks,
    as stated in the ad many more spare parts than shown
    thanks again

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 5

Default Crewed for Russ Roland (1979-82)

I crewed for Russ Roland in Asheville, NC during his ownership of HU11 as I was his son Bobby’s roommate in college. When he acquired it there was the tub, a crate BDA, wheels/tires and (many, many) baskets and boxes of parts. We used some Polaroid pictures as a guide to assembling the car. I remember the Penthouse brown and gold stripes before he had the body work painted. Russ was a long time SCCA racer and retired Air Force Lt. Colonel and was extremely mechanically inclined and equally resourceful. We had a great time when he raced it, especially at the Chimney Rock Hillclimb and he called his college age crew “his merry band of men”. I have attached a snap of the car at Charlotte and if interested I can gather up some more photos to add to the historical collection of material with this great car.

I was just with his sons Bill and Bobby, who both started racing in the late 1970s, at the ARRC at Road Atlanta this past weekend as they both race Spec Miata currently. Russ told them before he passed to keep on racing and for once they listened to their dad!

Best of luck with the sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 186

Beautiful F Atlantic for Formula Ford money!

Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Maltby993 View Post
    I crewed for Russ Roland in Asheville, NC during his ownership of HU11 as I was his son Bobby’s roommate in college. When he acquired it there was the tub, a crate BDA, wheels/tires and (many, many) baskets and boxes of parts. We used some Polaroid pictures as a guide to assembling the car. I remember the Penthouse brown and gold stripes before he had the body work painted. Russ was a long time SCCA racer and retired Air Force Lt. Colonel and was extremely mechanically inclined and equally resourceful. We had a great time when he raced it, especially at the Chimney Rock Hillclimb and he called his college age crew “his merry band of men”. I have attached a snap of the car at Charlotte and if interested I can gather up some more photos to add to the historical collection of material with this great car.

I was just with his sons Bill and Bobby, who both started racing in the late 1970s, at the ARRC at Road Atlanta this past weekend as they both race Spec Miata currently. Russ told them before he passed to keep on racing and for once they listened to their dad!

Best of luck with the sale.
    Your living in Woodinville sparked my curiosity. So would you remember Kenny Briggs and his mechanic Tom Ratzlaff? I crewed for Kenny's older brother Dave Briggs running F5000; both based out of San Carlos, CA and now live in Bellevue, WA.

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by larryejames View Post
    Your living in Woodinville sparked my curiosity. So would you remember Kenny Briggs and his mechanic Tom Ratzlaff? I crewed for Kenny's older brother Dave Briggs running F5000; both based out of San Carlos, CA and now live in Bellevue, WA.
    Larry - sorry for delay in responding, I did not move to PNW until 1987 and was not active in racing scene once here. Wasted my time on work/career, house, college savings etc trying to shift that equation a bit in retirement. Interestingly Russ Roland prior to this Lola had a Beach CSR that is owned by John Rankin (last I heard) down in Des Moines who is active in vintage racing and runs another Beach SR. Happy Holidays to all.

Default Price reduction

Price for car and all spares reduced to $18,000
    purchased his car to help a friend out, so was never intending to make a profit on it
    Just need to move it on to someone who could really enjoy it
    regards

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 186

Anyone considering this car, it is eligible for VDCA events in 2024 at some great race tracks.

Feb 10-11, 2024 Roebling Road Raceway
    March 29-31, 2024 Virginia International Raceway
    Sept 14-15, 2024 Roebling Road Raceway
    Nov 9-10, 2024 Road Atlanta

Contributing Member
    Liked: 899

Quote Originally Posted by 86vd View Post
    Price for car and all spares reduced to $18,000
    purchased his car to help a friend out, so was never intending to make a profit on it
    Just need to move it on to someone who could really enjoy it
    regards
    Andy, I am not a buyer (been there on an old FA, had a lot of fun restoring it and driving it!). You are asking stupid cheap money for this, to be sure. But I wonder if a potential buyer is worried about the condition of the FT200 and the expense of a rebuild? It might be helpful to your cause if you could shine a little light on the condition of it, R&P, diff, etc.

GLWTS
    bt

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    Andy, I am not a buyer (been there on an old FA, had a lot of fun restoring it and driving it!). You are asking stupid cheap money for this, to be sure. But I wonder if a potential buyer is worried about the condition of the FT200 and the expense of a rebuild? It might be helpful to your cause if you could shine a little light on the condition of it, R&P, diff, etc.

GLWTS
    bt
    All I can say is that the car is in great shape and was in the process of being freshened up by the previous owner before he suddenly passed away, hence the car being apart
    I also know the owner how sold the car prior and know that he was fanatical about preparing the car as it was his son that was driving it
    the case shows no signs of any damage and there are a ton of gear sets, dog rings and internals so I have no reason to believe it wouldn’t be good to go!

25. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information